Hey Guys-

I was wiping down my guitar and I noticed like five tiny bubbles on the guitar's finish. They are literally smaller than the head of a pin, there are five of em and are only on the body near the bridge. Should I be concerned?
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Well bubbles are trapped air

When your guitar was being finnished maybe air got in to the paint process and got trapped during the drying process

It shouldnt be anything to worry about generally
Gear :

Guitars
- BC Rich Warlock Platinum
- Dean BABY ML
- Les Paul Custom White
- Custom Uncle Paul [SOON]

Effects
- Line6 POD 2.0
thanks! i was looking at it and they really are tiny... I suppose I am just being anal

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Smaller than the head of a pin, dont worry about it.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by Richmanofaction
Hey Guys-

I was wiping down my guitar and I noticed like five tiny bubbles on the guitar's finish. They are literally smaller than the head of a pin, there are five of em and are only on the body near the bridge. Should I be concerned?

What do you mean, should you be concerned? If it bothers you, you should be concerned. If it doesn't, you shouldnt.
Quote by Metalhead_28
What do you mean, should you be concerned? If it bothers you, you should be concerned. If it doesn't, you shouldnt.

I mean will more bubbles form

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

Nitro finishes tend to bubble a small amount if their finished too fast because air can't get to the surface before it dries. Don't worry, more shouldn't form.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by C/ruel
Nitro finishes tend to bubble a small amount if their finished too fast because air can't get to the surface before it dries. Don't worry, more shouldn't form.

Hmm- ok- thanks! I am surprised Jackson allowed that to happen, but they are so small, I am probably being anal

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

It's called Solvent Pop. I doubt that Jackson uses nitro. I suspect that they use Polyurethane lacquer.

Solvent pop happens when the lacquer skins over in places before the layer underneath has cured fully. Bubbles of solvent boiling off become trapped and either form small bubbles or pop through the surface, leaving craters.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Aug 20, 2009,
Which side of the bridge are they on? If it's on the side where you hand rests then there could be a small problem: Do you wear anything on your hand/wrist when you play? Without seeing pictures it's possible that it could be a reaction between Vinyl plastics and the nitro finish

However I'm betting on the air bubble thing
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]