hey guys ive been having some trouble and am looking for some tips on pitch harmonics any advise is welcome
u mean pinch?cause i never heard of pitch hamonics
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Get your thumb near the edge of the pick and hit your thumb on the string with the pick. Add vibrato for added effect. It just kind of takes some practice to get right, but it's a pretty simple motion. Check out a YouTube video or something if you don't know how to hold the pick or something...
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Yeah, you have to touch the string with your thumb, but it has to be incredibly light. I usually use the side of the joint on my thumb, and its so light that i cant even feel it. Once you get it down a few times in a row, youll be able to do it forever
Something different I've done. Form your fingers like your holding a pick (except don't hold a pick) and strike the string with your fingernail but glide along the string so you hit it with skin afterwards. Not really as good, but just another way to do it.
Quote by sporkman7
Yeah, you have to touch the string with your thumb, but it has to be incredibly light. I usually use the side of the joint on my thumb, and its so light that i cant even feel it. Once you get it down a few times in a row, youll be able to do it forever

lol this would have been my answer exactly
My stock answer ... Use your bridge pickup, and some distortion. Then work out where the harmonics are by playing them as natural harmonics - pick the string normally, but with your fretting finger lightly touching the string. Gradually move it up towards the bridge and keep picking til you know where the harmonics are. Then sort out your grip on your pick so you can follow the pick up with the edge of your thumb, and practice, practice, practice. You need to dig in a bit with the pick, but you barely need to touch the string with your thumb. Practice on open strings at first, then when you get the feel of it try pinches on fretted notes - cos the 'sweet' spot will vary slightly depending on which note you're fretting, and when you're getting the technique down you don't need to be chasing the harmonic up and down the string
Meh, I didn't want to make a new topic but I have a question. Hopefully, people will scroll down and see it :P.

When you play a song with known pinch harmonics... Are you guys just uber and move the pick to the correct position in time or do you play the whole song like that? Neither is working out for me, though I am just learning. Playing like that the whole time just seems weird, and slightly messes me up. And moving it to the correct position is just... LOL. But I'm guessing that's what most people do?
Schecter C-1 FR
Crate V50 Amp
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustain Pedal
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Live in California, PM if you wanna rock.
Quote by VcentG
Meh, I didn't want to make a new topic but I have a question. Hopefully, people will scroll down and see it :P.

When you play a song with known pinch harmonics... Are you guys just uber and move the pick to the correct position in time or do you play the whole song like that? Neither is working out for me, though I am just learning. Playing like that the whole time just seems weird, and slightly messes me up. And moving it to the correct position is just... LOL. But I'm guessing that's what most people do?

I was wondering the same thing!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I do pinches with my pick in the same position as I usually play. I just kinda dig deeper on the pick attack. It's almost like I push my thumb to the string, if that makes sense.
Gear List:
Yamaha SJ-180 Steel String Acoustic
2008 Ibanez S520
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Peavey Vypyr 15W

Call me Erk.
Quote by JAHellraiser
I was wondering the same thing!

seriously once you get the harmonics down you can pretty much do when ever.
you dont have to be in a certain position.
i can be headbanging and still get them.
its not that hard just practice.