What do you exactly do? I'm not really exactly new to guitar but I've never really felt the need to change pick-ups. I guess I was always satisfied with my sound.
Anyways, do you need to solder anything or is it just like plugging stuff?

I'm talking about changing pickups in a Fender just incase it's different from other brands.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
yea you need to solder stuff.
What is the pickup arrangement and what type of pickup are you putting it?
tbh I'm surprised you're not being beasted as there's tons of forums on this.
I changed the humbucker in my strat and found it was one of the easiest guitars to work on
Wellllllllllllll, I'm not exactly sure what Pick-up I'm going to put in put it's a Humbucker one.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by unicornfist
Wellllllllllllll, I'm not exactly sure what Pick-up I'm going to put in put it's a Humbucker one.

It's always soldering. Usually when you order a pick, you either get the wiring diagram, or you're able to find them online. I just ordered a Seymour duncan Invader SH-8 & SH-2. Here's what the wiring diagram looks like, should provide enough info about the process:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/products/electric/humbuckers/501005-110.pdf

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by unicornfist

Do bear in mind that a humbucker is not going to fit your strats pickguard...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

If it's a fat strat it will fit.
I put an invader in my fat strat.
If you google search humbucker wiring diagrams you'll find plenty, browse by pickup arrangement and brand untill you find the right pickup.
Going by the rest of your rig and also your inexperience with them there's really no point changing pickups - it seems like you just want new ones because all the other cool kids are doing it.

If you're satisfied with your sound you don't change pickups, and even if you weren't satisfied a pickup change wouldn't solve the problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com