:-)

I'm aware that doesn't make sense, but what i mean is if you just plug your lead into your guitar, you're bound to step on it live and pull it out, so is there a special way of tying it to your strap or something?
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
I have a strat, so what I do is put it through the guitar strap and then plug it in. This way if you step on it, it won't come out.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
I have a strat, so what I do is put it through the guitar strap and then plug it in. This way if you step on it, it won't come out.

Yep. That's basically the standard way to 'lock' your cable for non-V guitars.
I run the cable behind me and in between myself and the guitar while it's strapped. That way the cable is always behind my feet so I don't trip.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Yep. That's basically the standard way to 'lock' your cable for non-V guitars.

I do this for my V and it works perfectly.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE

i've seen people wrap the cable around the upper "spike" as well, lol. on a gibson style V though, doesn't it leave the cable dangling between the points and look kinda odd?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i've seen people wrap the cable around the upper "spike" as well, lol. on a gibson style V though, doesn't it leave the cable dangling between the points and look kinda odd?

Maybe. I use an Ibanez V and the cable plugs in to the upper wing, and the strap lock is behin the upper wing. So I just put the cable between the strap and the guitar and plug it in. You almost can't see it .

I P R O G

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I run the cable behind me and in between myself and the guitar while it's strapped. That way the cable is always behind my feet so I don't trip.

sounds good.. but.. how exactly?
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
I run wireless live. During practices though...around the strap button and then in.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by LifesSweetDrug

It's pretty much the standard thing to do. I do it even when sitting down, as it should be second nature.

Plus, it looks pretty cool when viewed by someone looking at your right [for right handed players].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by LifesSweetDrug

+1

I do the same thing.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Really? I tried it with my mate's Razorback and the tension of the cable slipped the strap off the button. Luckily I had fast reflexes that day....

....then again, it's prolly my mate's fault for not using strap locks.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Really? I tried it with my mate's Razorback and the tension of the cable slipped the strap off the button. Luckily I had fast reflexes that day....

....then again, it's prolly my mate's fault for not using strap locks.

Well, Razorback's suck so...

Just kidding, just kidding (not really). But I have strap locks so that doesn't happen. And even if I didn't, the holes in my strap are tight as hell and I doubt it would go anywhere.

I P R O G

Quote by Brendan.Clace
I run wireless live. During practices though...around the strap button and then in.

ahaha wireless FTW

not good when you pick up plane frequancies though ... (spinal tap FTW)
I've actually seen a lot of people tape their leads in too, on top of running it through the strap.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself