I am looking for a new guitar (can never have too many obviously), it can be £400 tops. I would like it to have a decent floyd (Not a Edge III although one of my guitars has one and i don't mind it just feel like a change).

The short version:
  • Floyd Rose Fitted (not Edge III)
  • £400 tops
  • Open to any shape
  • Humbuckers
  • Quite versatile

Other than that i am quite open.
Legend.
Well Lord Westwood, what i'd do if i was you is sell the country pile and spend more than 4.. Only joking!

Seriously, for 400 quid you've got a few options. The brands you should be looking at for a new guitar and that amount of money is in my opinion: Ibanez, ESP/LTD, Dean, Jackson, even Epiphone have a nice Floyd equipped model (Futura FX/Apparition). Basically there's LOTS of choice. I think the best way for you to find what you want is to get into as many shops as you can and start trying guitars for yourself. I go into shops all the time even though im not buying anything just to test different guitars out. I was on a similar budget to yourself but a floyd wasn't important. EMG's (active pickups), 24 frets and a medium size neck was. I found a guitar i love - Epiphone Les Paul EX - so maybe my Epiphone recomendation isn't all that surprising but i did have the same model minus the Floyd up until i bought the LP. As much as i'd like a guitar collection i had to sell it regretably. Still, it's a great axe, especially the "Apparition". Lots of cool features. Maybe a little more than 400 but if you shop around i think you'd get it. Theres also the M-II from ESP/LTD. Definetly worth a look as is lots of others from ESP/LTD.

Having said all that your tastes might be totally different from mine. Firstly, a guitar should be pleasing to you're eye. A guitar bought just for the sake of a Floyd is no good. It needs to make you WANT to play it. Secondly, don't rush into buying. Take some time, try as many as you can and ideally more than just once. That way you won't be left with a guitar that just gathers dust. Hope i was a little bit of help! Good luck!
Quote by livewire76
Well Lord Westwood, what i'd do if i was you is sell the country pile and spend more than 4.. Only joking!

Seriously, for 400 quid you've got a few options. The brands you should be looking at for a new guitar and that amount of money is in my opinion: Ibanez, ESP/LTD, Dean, Jackson, even Epiphone have a nice Floyd equipped model (Futura FX/Apparition). Basically there's LOTS of choice. I think the best way for you to find what you want is to get into as many shops as you can and start trying guitars for yourself. I go into shops all the time even though im not buying anything just to test different guitars out. I was on a similar budget to yourself but a floyd wasn't important. EMG's (active pickups), 24 frets and a medium size neck was. I found a guitar i love - Epiphone Les Paul EX - so maybe my Epiphone recomendation isn't all that surprising but i did have the same model minus the Floyd up until i bought the LP. As much as i'd like a guitar collection i had to sell it regretably. Still, it's a great axe, especially the "Apparition". Lots of cool features. Maybe a little more than 400 but if you shop around i think you'd get it. Theres also the M-II from ESP/LTD. Definetly worth a look as is lots of others from ESP/LTD.

Having said all that your tastes might be totally different from mine. Firstly, a guitar should be pleasing to you're eye. A guitar bought just for the sake of a Floyd is no good. It needs to make you WANT to play it. Secondly, don't rush into buying. Take some time, try as many as you can and ideally more than just once. That way you won't be left with a guitar that just gathers dust. Hope i was a little bit of help! Good luck!
This.

I was gonna recommend LTD, as they have FR Specials.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you can track one down [they're always on ebay] an Ibanez RG 550