So i have one of these in my new FX-260SM (came with it) i'm just wondering how much of a upgrade would a EMG be?

I only have a 15x cube but getting a 333XL bugera soon,

Is this a good pickup for metal? or heavy stuff?
Evolutions are amazing Pickups, though not necessarily for something specifically heavy

for Heavy Metal, yes good EMGs would probably be an upgrade, though they won't sound as great with your Cube, so get your Bugera soon :p
personally i don`t think the swap will make that much difference i occasionally play early metallica stuff on my jem and active pups weren`t used on the early stuff
the other thing i don't like is the fact that the pickups look totally different looks a bit odd

Is it possible to get like a cover to make it look the same as the EMG i have in the neck?
Quote by BoL7z
the other thing i don't like is the fact that the pickups look totally different looks a bit odd

Is it possible to get like a cover to make it look the same as the EMG i have in the neck?

if you wanted a guitar with emg`s why did you not just save up for 1 as far as i`m aware you only got this guitar a week ago, and dimarzio as far as i can tell don`t do alternative covers...other than colour...

1st and foremost with a guitar is sound not looks.......

the evolution bridge is the 2nd most powerful pup dimarzio make and imo the best one they make

wait `until you get your new amp before making any decision or coming up with new ideas transfer your moments of inspiration into your playing
Are you nucking futs???!!!

The Evo PU IMO and alot of others, is one of the best PU ever made.

I have the Evo set in my RG, and let me tell you...that PU can do metal...it can do anything. It is very high out put for a passive PU.

Put it this way...I had EMGs in my old RG and I got rid of it. You know why? Cause the EMG's are so bland. you get one sound and thats about it. Its not very versatile.

Don't let the Active PU hype fool you.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I guess I mean I can't really hear this pu at it's max on s cube tho can't wait to I get my new amp
Pickups aren't the largest factor in your tone. Your amp is, try the Evo with your Bugera and try an EMG loaded guitar with it and you'll see what I mean. Pickup swaps are meant to perfect your tone, not reshape it.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The 81 and the Evo are completely different beasts. Also, I doubt you have an active EMG and a passive DiMarzio in the same guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The EVO is waaay better than the EMG
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??