you guys ever noticed you really like your tone one day then the next day or so its just so so?? or am I just crazy?? loll
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
totally agree, my amps tone changes especially with the weather
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Maybe it's just that time of the month for your amp.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Hmm have you recently just made the switch to tube?? Its going to take some time to get comfortable with your tone. Or it did me anyway
also discovering a new tone/setting on your amp is more exciting and tends to 'sound' better the first day. then you go back to it the next day already knowing what it sounds like and it's not so fresh and exciting.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
The main thing I notice is how volume level affects settings. I'll play at bedroom level one night, and have it set how I want, then come back the next day and play loud and it sounds all whacked.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
The main thing I notice is how volume level affects settings. I'll play at bedroom level one night, and have it set how I want, then come back the next day and play loud and it sounds all whacked.

thats because tubes dont actually get there natural distortion until they are turned up to around 4 on the volume
Quote by Martindecorum
thats because tubes dont actually get there natural distortion until they are turned up to around 4 on the volume

I have a 100 watt Bassman... My tubes don't get natural distortion until about 8 on the volume.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86

yeah same here. different volumes boast different frequencies so we gotta adjust accordingly.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yea its hard to get great sound out of tube amps at bedroom volumes. i just always play loud now
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
yeah I cranked it a few days a week switch some preamp tubes around and that, glad I not going crazy lol
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster