Does anyone know a good free drum machine program that will work with metal? I only ask because there isn't one on the drum machines thread
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
good and free are normally separate entities. especially with drums
hydrogen, but its for linux, and you need to download the seperate drum kit. but other than that its great.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
Does anyone know a good free drum machine program that will work with metal? I only ask because there isn't one on the drum machines thread

well your best bet would be to get a free sampler (such as short circuit sampler) and find some free drum samples on the web. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/311618-drum-samples-meta.html theres a thread that has a bunch of links (unfortuantely alot of them dont work but its a good starting spot) if you just look around on the web youll find tons of drum samples. its kind of a process to get it to work with shortcircuit sampler and im gonna try to make a video on it. until then ill ifnd you the link to the tutorial i used.http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=31282 its a pretty easy to follow and a member also posts some drum samples. hope this helps.
Quote by Wylde14
good and free are normally separate entities. especially with drums

When it comes to computer software, free is an aspect you can see in perspective
you could try getting VST's, but you'll need a VST host (like FL Studio, which is what i use). FL Studio costs money, but you can get free VST hosts too
I use Acoustica Beatcraft, and it's great, although I have downloaded different drum samples for it from www.freesound.com to get a real sounding kit. It's a pay one, but you get a free 30 day trial *ahem* and the cracks are everywhere on the internet to get it unlocked free *ahem*

EDIT: oops, wrong software name :')

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
The "Big Mono" kit from Analogue Drums is free. It's pretty nice sounding. Not necessarily a strictly metal kit by any stretch, but I think it could be made to work with a little effort and know-how.

Good sounding drums recorded well, through good gear, at 24bit. Hard to beat that, especially for free.

There are some audio demos. See if it sounds like something you could work with. Even if possibly it isn't ALL appropriate for what you do, I'm sure at least part of it would be. Like the kick won't work, but the snare and cymbals will, or the snare doesn't sound right, but the kick and ride are perfect. See what happens.
There are some amazing free samples on the the ultimate-metal forum. I'f you want I guess you could load up a bunch of multi samples in FLstudio and edit the **** outta velocities. I reckon it would still sound better than EZdrummer. haha.