hey could i asked which humbucker is better out of the x2 single coils together or the silver humbucker u see on gibson sg guitar. thanks.
What?
I think you mean covered or uncovered?
Well, primarily, asthetics.
Secondly, if the covered pickup is metal (Usually nickel or stainless steel), it can slightly dampen the tone.
superman is killing himself tonight
Well, two single coils together do not actually cancel hum if they are both wound the same direction, like this Lace Sensor:

But if you're talking about the difference between the SG pickup, and oh, say, this Dimarzio PAF Pro:

then there isn't much. They're both humbuckers. The SG pickup just has a cover over it.
depends what tone u are going for
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
hey i also wanted to kno whats special about the humbucker with x2 single coils and a black colour and white colour single coil, im sure they call it bust bucker or sumin like that.
that is also just for the looks.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
The way a humbucker looks really has nothing to do with the tone. There are thousands and thousands of different humbuckers out there. What makes a pickup different/better is the how it is made. Look on pickup websites such as dimarzio and seymour duncan and look at how the different pickups are described.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Last edited by bean-o at Aug 20, 2009,