So guys, I need help with sweeping...I'm fairly new to the technique, I can do 3-string sweeps pretty good and I just saw this among some other exercises. So my question is: How do I play the 14s?? A friend of mine told me to kinda roll my finger so that i'm muting the string at the same time but i'm not sure about what he means with "roll"(scientific terms:P). If someone could post a pic or something or even explain I'd be gratefull!

D|---17-p-12---------------------------------------12-----------------------------------------|
A|------------14---------------------------------14---------------------------------------------|
F|----------------14-------------------------14-------------------------------------------------|
C|--------------------14-----------------14-----------------------------------------------------|
G|------------------------16-p-12-h-16-------------------------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
It's hard to explain, you bar your finger over the 14's, and after you hit the first one, lift it off that note slightly so it doesn't ring out, and hit the next note and repeat the process.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
He means bar it and after you played it lift it a but so it doesn't ring but keep pressing down on the other strings. I'm sorry it's hard to explain.
Edit:
Quote by srob7001
Look at your avatar...see how the rock is rolling? You do the same with the finger that you use to fret the notes. Roll it!!

Lol this is better than my explanation.
Last edited by Waffleguy at Aug 20, 2009,
Look at your avatar...see how the rock is rolling? You do the same with the finger that you use to fret the notes. Roll it!!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ok I get what you mean but that's "easy" when descending... I can do it when playing upstrokes too??
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin
Ok guys thx for the help I got it
Quote by bulldozerbob

Quote by Led Pepplin