I sand mine, my friend even experimented with glue and sand lol.

What do you do?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Wow...Medical tape is what i use takes some work. But tis perfect.

...Glue and sand? really?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by Adrian89
I just bite 'em in the middle for grip xD...... as stupid as hell but..

Actually I do this too. A big canine indent goes a long way.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i know someone who hole punches the middle of his pick, which kinda acts like a lock when he grips it. it actually works pretty well
sometimes i use gaffers tape and wrap it around the pick and my thumb
Hole punch in the center, works for me. Also I use pointless picks. http://www.pointlesspicks.com/

EDIT: My dad emailed the guy who invented those awhile back about them and he sent us a trial pack for free. They are surprisingly useful.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Last edited by hendrixfreak93 at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by hendrixfreak93
Hole punch in the center, works for me. Also I use pointless picks. http://www.pointlesspicks.com/

EDIT: My dad emailed the guy who invented those awhile back about them and he sent us a trial pack for free. They are surprisingly useful.

Nice! What did he say? I could use some free picks!!!

Quote by mashizz
i know someone who hole punches the middle of his pick, which kinda acts like a lock when he grips it. it actually works pretty well

I may try this too...

A pertty good solution to this is prolly DAVA picks, they wrap the top of the picks in rubber. or you could just dip your normal pick in tar.

Tar???? Near my beloved one????

Black

tar?????

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Aug 20, 2009,
nothing... I've slashed picks before though and sharkskin would work really well. Mediaeval knights had the handles of swords covered in sharkskin to improve the grip.
i have a 'white guitar'
Quote by hendrixfreak93

I need really pointy ones for pinch harmonics, those ones would suck for me.
i just bend mine, i use fender mediums and bend a decent sized indent for my thumb and the pickup doesnt move
~Defiant~
self adhesive sandpaper (the stuff they use for hand-held power sanders)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
my dunlop big stubbies are chewed because the grip they provide simply does not work and i drop them a lot otherwise, which is a shame because they otherwise provide the feel and the attack that i like. i was once in a sound check, i dropped the stubby i was using, it bounced on the floor, bounced again and sprung back towards me and i caught it and continued to play as if nothing happened... and nobody saw it dammit. i wish that had happened at the gig
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
just buy Dunlop Tortex.
it worked for me. And I sweat pretty easily from my hands. I just don't like the feel of the Nylons or Jazz.

Edit: ^it sprung back to you? how close were you to the ground for that to happen?

... crab stance?
Last edited by page.slash at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by hendrixfreak93

its funny, most players are now going for even pointier picks, ala the jazz IIs or whatever there called. lol. who knows what is best
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I don't need to, I have V-picks, they're grippy by themselves.

I love my V-picks.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Chewing, duct tape, sanding, gluing sand onto them. Then I realized I got the best grip without doing anything to the pick...
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by page.slash
just buy Dunlop Tortex.
it worked for me. And I sweat pretty easily from my hands. I just don't like the feel of the Nylons or Jazz.

Edit: ^it sprung back to you? how close were you to the ground for that to happen?

... crab stance?

the stubbies are actually quite bouncy against a stone floor for some reason. i was surprised it bounced that high the first time, let alone the second. afterwards i delibirately dropped one and it bounced so many times.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I barely ever sweat, even under exertion, so the embossed logos on most picks I use have always sufficed for a grip.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I just put it in my mouth before playing and when i take it out it stays in place because of the saliva, its sticky and stays well. Disgusting but thats how it is.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
Nice! What did he say? I could use some free picks!!!

I'm pretty sure he just asked him for some, apparently the guy was real cool about it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares