Hey

I'm looking for a guitar amp around 500$. I play classic rock (Guns n roses, metallica, kiss, and such) and looking for the best amp but theres so many that I don't know where to start.

Need suggestions thank you !
Peavey Vypyr tube 60's are pretty good.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
In the same boat as you bud.

Looking for GNR, Metallica, AC/DC, and then stuff like Black Stone Cherry.

Would prefer a Marshall, and I have around $660, and also looking for used!

Since I'm so ignorant, I'd really prefer not to get anything other than a Marshall combo.

any ideas? save up longer?
Quote by Oneill9293
In the same boat as you bud.

Looking for GNR, Metallica, AC/DC, and then stuff like Black Stone Cherry.

Would prefer a Marshall, and I have around $660, and also looking for used!

Since I'm so ignorant, I'd really prefer not to get anything other than a Marshall combo.

any ideas? save up longer?

Mega Thread-jack

The first guy: 500$ is around £300, right? if so, Peavey Windsor combo could be a good option, although I've never played it, the clips of it sound very good, I even saw a video when the guy was playing stuff like you play, so it could be a good option.

2nd guy: Marshall's are generally much better at higher prices, so unless you're willing to go used, I would save up more.

Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Rick and Oneil I would look for a used Marshall DSL50. You can get them cheap on Ebay all the time. They are great for all of the bands both of you listed, except maybe Metallica.
Crate Palomino V32. I have one for sale on Ebay right now. Buy it now for $400 plus $50 shipping. I reckon it'd be great for classic rock. It has JJ tubes and a new speaker. Search this in Ebay to have a look: Palomino V32 Tube Amp - Great condition and upgraded!!