i was thinking about building a telecaster (with a premade body, probably a deluxe, or a MIM routed for HH) and put emgs in it. I would also like to do the 18v mod, meaning i would need to fit 2 batteries inside the body. will they fit under the pickups or in the control cavity? or will a spot have to be routed out? thanks.

sorry if this has been asked before, i cant find anything online.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Schism1985
You'll probably need to rout out a new cavity for the 2 batteries but I'm not 100% sure about that.

id settle for having to route a little more into the pickup cavities to make them fit in there like les pauls, but i just wana make sure this will work before i buy a tele body.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i was thinking about building a telecaster (with a premade body, probably a deluxe, or a MIM routed for HH) and put emgs in it. I would also like to do the 18v mod, meaning i would need to fit 2 batteries inside the body. will they fit under the pickups or in the control cavity? or will a spot have to be routed out? thanks.

sorry if this has been asked before, i cant find anything online.
The pickup routing for a Tele Deluxe will be too shallow to accomodate the batteries, but the control cavity has lots of depth.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If you buy a tele body from Warmoth, they can and will route out the area for a 9V battery holder. (Two, if you ask)
Weekend Warrior
i cant get warmoth, this is going to be a budget guitar. is there def room in the cavity in the deluxe for 2 batteries under the pots? i know those new emg quicksnap controls are pretty small.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
well just pull a van halen if it almost fits make it a little bigger till it does fits. If you want it to look more professional route a control cavity for the 2 9V batteries and buy the plastic box for it from warmoth and pots and stuff( you have to order $25 worth of stuff or more) and route a place for it till it fits.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
will they fit under the pickups

dont do that since changing the battery would become a pain in the ass.

route out a battery compartment in the back. it'll make life so much easier.
can anyone confirm if they can fit in the deluxe control cavity? if it doesn't it may be too much effort, and ill have to get something else. id be fine with only having 2 knobs to save space from the extra pots in there.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
can anyone confirm if they can fit in the deluxe control cavity? if it doesn't it may be too much effort, and ill have to get something else. id be fine with only having 2 knobs to save space from the extra pots in there.

NO.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i cant get warmoth, this is going to be a budget guitar.
The batteries will fit in a fender or warmoth cavity. Will they fit in the cavity of some random body you buy? How can we possibly know this???

If you want to know the answer to this question:

1 - Chose a body.

2 - Contact the seller.

3 - Ask about the dimensions of the cavity, especially the depth.

4 - Subtract the clearance needed for the pots from the cavity depth.

5 - Is this number sufficiently greater than 15 mm?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
"fitting emg's in a telecaster"

Thats a discrace to telecasters

Although aesthetically i quite enjoy Jim Root's one.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
whoever said anything that its going to be a random guitar body? i said budget guitar as in, not a warmoth, probably a MIM. and the reason im asking is because usually people selling cheap tele's dont know how to take off the pickgaurd and measure the cavities (or dont want to).

and ur the one who said the control cavity has "lots of depth"...so im trying to figure out if this will work or not...

what i meant was only having 2/4 knobs on the tele deluxe to save room in the cavity from the 2 extra pots to make the batteries fit.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Aug 21, 2009,