http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6059996/Video-screen-adverts-will-be-built-into-printed-magazine-page.html

Seems like the kind of things you see in Harry Potter movies.

CBS Corporation, the American broadcaster, is running the full-motion video advertisements in September issues of the magazine to preview its television shows.

The screen is just 2in by 1.5in and the thickness of cardboard but is capable of holding 40 minutes of footage.

Anyone see this taking off? I can't imagine how expensive it's going to be.

I used searchbar, sorry if everyone knows about it.
Brilliant, I was looking for a new way to be brainwashed.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Oh goodie, another worthless thing for the people to waste money on that could go elsewhere.
love is love // return to dust
I think its amazing that we can do stuff like this now. Sure, nobody likes advertising but it could be used for much more than that. Maybe instruction manuals or textbooks with video demonstrations in them?

I like it, personally.
Quote by Snake_42
I think its amazing that we can do stuff like this now. Sure, nobody likes advertising but it could be used for much more than that. Maybe instruction manuals or textbooks with video demonstrations in them?

I like it, personally.

Never really thought of it like that. But yeah that would be a pretty good idea. Better than just advertising anyway. Lord knows how many times I've struggled to follow the instructions of putting together a desk or a computer chair.
Well, for ads, its really an abuse of technology, and it can be used like Snake said. That reminded me of this old Fender manual from the 60's that I saw once, but for some reason, we never got it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
Well, for ads, its really an abuse of technology, and it can be used like Snake said. That reminded me of this old Fender manual from the 60's that I saw once, but for some reason, we never got it.

... How is it an abuse of technology?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Pencil Man

War and Commercial Advertising are the two things that bring about innovation the most.