Page 1 of 2
So, today I start my first job. It's in a minor league baseball stadium, and I'm afraid I'm gonna **** something up bad. So tell me, how was the first day of your first job? If you guys ****ed up, I won't feel so bad if I do too.
I work in a supermarket, well it was a supermarket until the fire. I did prove my point tho, fireworks are dangrous.
HAVE A NICE DAY!
At McDonalds on my first day I thought the frydaddy was a urinal.

Just kidding, Ive never had a job
love is love // return to dust
Working on a fruit and veg van, yes like an ice cream van without ice cream or cocain for sale. only made £3 per run, about £15 with tips, crap job.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I'm a game attendant at a place called funland and my first day is Sunday so I'm in the same boat dude
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
My first and current job is a waiter/barman.

You SHOULD get adequately trained BEFORE your first proper shift, so it's all good.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
I done voluntary work for my school shop for a week (i must have been high), first day I stocked the shop wrongly, but it was more efficient, stole 3 jumpers and split my head open over a package that was just left in the middle of the room. Just keep yourself alert and check over everything you do, from checking stock to change of customers, and if you **** up on day one, day two will always be better.
First day I don't remember, so I couldn't have ****ed up too badly.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by alkalineweeman
Working on a fruit and veg van, yes like an ice cream van without ice cream or cocain for sale. only made £3 per run, about £15 with tips, crap job.

lol
My current job is my first one, I work at a hotel as a breakfast host. I guess I was kinda bad the first day.. But you learn from your mistakes right? :P
Quote by ethan_hanus
My first job was at Toys R Us, My first day went just like every other day I worked there, PURE HELL.

And I thought KFC was bad
My first job was at Maccy-D's part time when I was 16 and at college.
Just listen to what you gotta do, don't be afraid to ask questions and be polite but also yourself.
My first day of my first job was yesterday!

I take people on tours through an old Brewery here in PA, seat them at a table, bring them water and menus and read them the special for the night. I also answer the phones. I was like you, I thought I was gonna screw up badly, but you'll be ok.

Quote by Moggan13
My first job was at Maccy-D's part time when I was 16 and at college.
Just listen to what you gotta do, don't be afraid to ask questions and be polite but also yourself.

This too.
Favorite bands at the moment:
1. Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Between the Buried and Me
4. Queens of the Stone Age
5. Soundgarden
6. Pearl Jam
7. Buckethead
8. Green Day
Quote by Amy_Lee
I'm still at my first job - a cashier at Tesco's being paid £5.56 p/h. I'm 17 btw.

Ah memories...I remember when I worked at Tesco when I was 17 (It was a Extra and I worked in Electricals). It was good...Until they refused to give me better hours (5-9pm Wed, Fri and Sat FTL) so I quit and worked in a factory for 3 months during my gap-year
Just got my first job
Went for an interview today at subway, was so easy!
They offered me the job and apparently my first day is wednesday, quite happy about it.
Best part about it, it seems the girl who was interviewed before me also got the job, and she was a major fox.
Quote by bainsy911
what did yu work as a assaisin (sorry if i spelt it wrong

assassin is my favorite word to spell.
ass-----ass----in
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Quote by Ledbetter12340
My first day of my first job was yesterday!

I take people on tours through an old Brewery here in PA, seat them at a table, bring them water and menus and read them the special for the night. I also answer the phones. I was like you, I thought I was gonna screw up badly, but you'll be ok.

Which brewery?
(Invalid img)
I remember I started a grease fire there. It was a ****ty job, but I enjoyed working with friends.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I'm still at my first job.

I can't complain too much though $13.50 an hour and I'll be getting a raise soon.

Edit: I didn't say where. I work at an amazon.com warehouse.
Last edited by Zetsubou Kevin at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by jetfuel495
Wait, what are you putting in your ass?

Nothing. Just helpin that guy remember how to spell assassin.
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
I worked at Burger King.
Boy...they asked me questions in my interview that made it seem I was applying for CEO of the company or something
Where do you plan to be in 10 years? : Oh still working for my lifelong passion, Burger King, of course sir.

Then I met one of my managers, The Devil.

Over the year I worked there, I saw him put out fires by swearing at them and HITTING them with a fire extinguisher.
He told a friend, Rory, to go run the dishwasher. Three minutes later he slithered back to him and whispered coldly "Whatcha doin, Rory??"
"I'm running the dishwasher like you told me to"
"Oh that's great...who the **** is flipping burgers then!?!"
He then roundhouse kicked a full trashcan into a window and demanded we pick it up and stormed off.

After leaving that, no other place asked me any BS questions like BK did...
Quote by ChucklesMginty
More to the point, why can't people just get Firefox and use the spellchecker?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I moved books at a bookstore for 3 days. That was my first paying job.
Hi, I'm Peter
I've made this thread already :/

Anyway, I work at Mountain Mike's (Delicious-ass) Pizza.

We just opened up 6 months ago and I worked the soft opening and grand opening. **** SUCKED. It was brand new and everyone didn't know wtf they were doing.

Everything's good now, though. Except my cool manager got fired
I work behind the bar at my local pub. I've known a lot of the customers for years so it's quite pleasant once the activity picks up. I usually work the 'graveyard shift' which is from noon (opening time) until 5PM and for the first 1 - 2 hours barely any one's about so I get paid to listen to the radio and complete the sudokus in the paper.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by Sy_B
*Epic BK story*

I actually lol'd.

My first day wasn't too bad. I work (still have first job) at a supermarket, and the Produce department is piss easy, so it was just trying to remember where everything is, and dealing with pissy old people that demand I use my arcane abilities to obliterate any and all mold that they may happen upon, that was difficult.
has a terrible signature.
my first job was working as a joiner at the age of 16.
whils working there i saw a bloke cut two fingers off. it was pretty intense seeing his fingers laying on the saw bed. wat was more weird was how calm he was!

i worked as a joiner for 4years and never had any real accidents!
although in my second joinery job i nearly shot my boss with a nail gun!
as i fired the gun it jolted back and bounced off the wood and a six inch nail stuck in the notice board my boss was stood in front of, dozy bastard never even noticed!!
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
I was a paper boy
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
First job was working on a jobsite for a friend of the family's business. Didn't go too badly. Considering I was 15, getting £5 an hour I was so chuffed
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Page 1 of 2