Basically, it's a channel switcher for a 2 channel amp, but also it's a looper pedal so you can have say, an overdrive on your dirty channel, then with one press of the button, it changes your amp channel AND switches to the other loop for your clean channel so you could have chorus and delay. But it also has the option to where you can turn both loops on simultaneously should you ever want to use the other effects on both channels.

http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=195

If I didn't explain good enough there's a link. I would love to buy it but 170 dollars is a lot of money for me, so if there's a way I could build it I'd love that very much.
Last edited by Beebo at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by Beebo
Just how hard would this be to build?
It looks relatively easy, but I expect this will be hard for you to do. You didn't even make a block diagram of the signal path / switching. Just a sketchy description and a link. You'll need to do a lot more than that if you plan to design the wiring and create your own replica of this.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Hm, well I guess I did kind of not do a very good job describing. And I guess I was moreso trying to get a heads up on how to make one, not just asking how hard it was. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
Is it just an a/b switcher with another option to switch between 2 effects loops or have both effects loops and channels at the same time?

If you find a schematic for an a/b switcher and add in another switch to link both the A and B channels when its on then you with be able to select amp channel A, B or AB. Next just do the same but for the effects loops. I dont know if thats quite what you want but it gives you the option to have whatever combination's of things.

actually second thoughts. Have 4 stomp switches and 4 separate circuits inside the box for each one each with their own bypass. You will have one stomp switch for chA one for chB one for effects loop A and one for effects loop B. Would that help? Sorry if i havent got this right!
Quote by jamodl
Is it just an a/b switcher with another option to switch between 2 effects loops or have both effects loops and channels at the same time?

If you find a schematic for an a/b switcher and add in another switch to link both the A and B channels when its on then you with be able to select amp channel A, B or AB. Next just do the same but for the effects loops. I dont know if thats quite what you want but it gives you the option to have whatever combination's of things.

actually second thoughts. Have 4 stomp switches and 4 separate circuits inside the box for each one each with their own bypass. You will have one stomp switch for chA one for chB one for effects loop A and one for effects loop B. Would that help? Sorry if i havent got this right!

Well I understand what you're saying, but the reason I liked that one, is that it automatically assigns each effects loop to a certain amp channel. So with one press of the button I'll go to the distortion channel and the effects I want assigned to it, instead of having to switch the amp channel AND the A/B button. I know it's only one extra button to press but I figured why not go ahead and make it that much easier.
i'm guessing the switch is probably a 4pdt to switch the amp channels and effect loops simultaneously with the effect loops being switched by another 3pdt before the main switch so that you can flip/flop the effect loops between the amp channels, atleast thats how i would tackle doing it without being too familiar with how the amp switches between the channels.
Well I think I'm just going to take the easy way out for now and just buy it because I've never built a pedal before and unless I actually had an exact diagram showing me how to do it I probably wouldn't be able to figure it out by myself and wouldn't want to buy all the parts to try. I'd rather just know it was going to work the first time.