I'm looking for some 11-54 gauge strings. I'm wondering, how's the plain g on these? The one on the Not Even Slinky set was pretty awful... I'm gonna use 'em in Eb on a les paul.

I'm using the 10-52 set in E and it seems that there's not really a similar set that would be a gauge heavier.
dang thats a heavy gauge for Eb.
I use them, but i tune to C standard
Wow... I use .9's for Eb...
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Im not too fond of them

I put them on my Jackson, which was my first guitar and its pretty cheap, and It doesnt feel right at all. i hate em.

BUT i think if i put them on my hagstrom id like them a little better. But my preferences are a little less beefy string than those. (they are VERY beefy )
Yeah, they're pretty thick, I know. But 'cause I use 10-52s in E on a 25 1/2 scale (Dave Mustaine style), I need something a bit thicker to use Eb on a shorter scale
I've used them for Eb before, and I loved them. As long as you have your guitar properly set up for them, you won't have anything to worry about in the slightest. The bottom strings are really nice and punchy, heavy enough and full of tone, while the top strings aren't incredibly difficult to bend at all. I would highly recommend them. If you're looking to keep them for a while after you have maybe tried them, try the Titanium coated ones. They last a LOT longer than the regular ones, even if you play frequently. With the titanium ones I've only changed them once since I got the first set, which was about 3 months ago. Normally I would have gone through about 3 sets of the normals in that amount of time.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
i thought the plain g was just too thick for for a plain string, it just seems to be so rigid!
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
I tried them for standard tuning and they were nice, but I felt it was a bit too much tension, so I stuck with 11-52's instead of 54's (I buy EB strings individually, just in case you wondered). You just have to get used to the thicker strings and you'll love them, the tone is great.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I used them for dropped B and C standard.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Mine rusted in about 4 days, even with cleanings. Part of the reason i stopped using Ernie Ball strings, they broke alot and rusted out too fast
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
You could try Power Slinkys, good 11's.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
They are good, but honestly dont last more than week. I hate ernie balls because of this.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
yeah i have a set on my sg right now but they dont last long and i like the D'addarios better
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
i have since switched to DR's because of the short lifespan on a set of EB's......especially on tour...its ridiculous.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
i use 11-52 daderios on my les pauls in that tuning
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Sounds like it'd be pretty stiff.
Beefys are meant for dropped tunings aren't they?

Personally though, I've got Power Slinkys on my Ibanez right now (E Std) and they haven't wronged me yet. Except for getting a little old.
i'm the same, D'addarios 11-52 medium top, heavy bottom, perfect balance for me anyway, play in standard and drop D flat, last for ages and most importantly give great tone.

i found ernie balls, no matter what gauge, would wear out quickly. I'm actually a big fan of the new Dunlop strings but until I can get a 11-52 set then I wont consider anything other than D'addario. Got 11-50 Dunlop's on my Dot, they last ages and ages and have a distinct tone.
I use power slinky's in standard and they're awesome. But I always love EB's, mine never really wear out too quick.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I have them. I play them in Drop B/ C# Standard though =/ I like them. I thought their 12-56 were way better though
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
I don't get all the EB bashing based on how quick they rust. I don't sweat profusely, just a bit when I've been playing for some time, but considering that and that I play for at least 3 or 4 hours almost everyday, a set of EB lasts me for almost 3 months.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby