sorry if this is the wrong place but i didn't really see talk about guitar repairs here though i was about to drop this in the customizations section but i figured i play it safe and toss it in general.

ok so I know you aren't supposed to **** with truss rods so i paid a so called expert $200 to fix it for me cause i was having buzzing problems on the 5th and 6th strings and i read it was cause the rod needed adjusted so i get it back and the 6th 5th and 4th strings are all perfect but the 1st is really ****ed up! the 11th 12th and 13th fret all have the same note.......

I never even knew that was possible and the 2nd and 3rd string buzz like made on the frets below 13.....

now i use my guitar for work and i gave this ****er practically all i had to spare so does anyone know what i can do to fix this?

and yea i know i know take it to a repair shop and blah blah blah......
The pit isn't really 'general', it's more off topic. If I were you I'd try the Acoustic and Classical section. Most of the guys there know their stuff. It's a shame you got the truss rod adjusted as there was a good chance it wasn't at fault. There are many possible reasons for fret buzz.
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by blynd_snyper
The pit isn't really 'general', it's more off topic. If I were you I'd try the Acoustic and Classical section. Most of the guys there know their stuff. It's a shame you got the truss rod adjusted as there was a good chance it wasn't at fault. There are many possible reasons for fret buzz.

no i was told this was the truss at fault by several people with more experiance than me so i went with it. basically the guitar had been without strings for a few years and when we went to string it, it was all flat against the neck even in perfect tune (built in tuner) it was just flat against the board and we couldn't go any tighter cause last time we tried the strings snapped we went through 2 sets so i gave it to the guy to adjust instead of trying it myself....

but thanks i'll go post it over there.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
A&C or guitar building and customizing.

How exactly was The Pit the best place to bring this?

Because it's discription is GENERAL DISCUSSION and a place for **** that don't fit in the other topics.