There's no subforum in bands and artists for composers, so i thought maybe everyone could discuss their favourite ones here.

My favourites would have to be Chopin and Debussy.
Dvorak, Fiocco and from more recent times Michael Nyman is pure awesomeness - only probelm is I'm not sure I can spell any of their names :/
<- Debussy
i'm also a fan of the modern russians - stravinsky, rachmaninov, shostakovich - in fact i was at the rachmaninov/shostakovich prom last night in the royal albert - it was superb

i once made a mistake though - talking to a czech person saying i like the russians - such as dvorak... i swear that is the closest i have come to death/ the only thing that saved me was introducing them to cider - something which doesn't exist in the czech rep
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
I haven't heard much, I must say...

But Jason Becker is an amazing composer. Anyone listened to Perspective?? and Collection.. Electric Prayer for Peace is a master piece!!!!
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
You wither, and die. I am eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Kurai.
^^i used to like Becker but i found his shredding approach too over the top which ruined some potentially good songs In my opinion.

doive what are some of your favourite debussy pieces?
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Aug 20, 2009,
But do you mean Perpetual Burn??
I've seen that comment a lot of times.. but really his last 2 records are not shred, are just pure beauty!
Perspective in 96 and Collection 2008...
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
You wither, and die. I am eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Kurai.
Beethoven, Hendel, Bach.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
i am rather a fan of the arabesques I think the fact that i have played both of them on the piano has made me love them even more, i've not really got round to learning a lot of his other stuff a lot of it rather pushes my ability as a pianist I haven't had lessons for about 3 years now
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
<- Debussy
i'm also a fan of the modern russians - stravinsky, rachmaninov, shostakovich - in fact i was at the rachmaninov/shostakovich prom last night in the royal albert - it was superb

Yes Doive!

Of course I love Debussy and Stravinsky. Also I once saw the Toronto Symphony Orchestra perform "Rachmaninoff & Bernstein". I'm not a big fan of Leonard Bernstein's "pop music orchestra", but the Rachmaninoff pieces blew me away.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Chopin, Yoko Shimomura, rachmaninov and...

Nobuo Uematsu

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 21, 2009,
I listen to John Cage occasionally, Some of his prepared piano pieces are actually quite good. I'm ashamed to say the only Debussy I've heard is the children's corner suite.

I really like some of Johnny Greenwood's work as well
sorabji and sibelius ftw
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Bach, Debussy, Satie, Rachmaninoff, Agustin Barrios Mangore, Manuel De Falla, Leo Brouwer has some good things, Faure, Mussorgsky...

that list could go on for ages.