Poll: worth it?
Poll Options
View poll results: worth it?
yay
4 25%
nay
12 75%
Voters: 16.
Not worth it for £429. (for £300 you could get a Tokai Love Rock, to name but one).

If you check out GAK.co.uk they have Epi Standards for considerably cheaper.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Not worth it for £429. (for £300 you could get a Tokai Love Rock, to name but one).

If you check out GAK.co.uk they have Epi Standards for considerably cheaper.

fair enough what about a gibson studio they are about £950 worth it?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Low end Gibsons and Epi's have a much lower resale value; so check second hand prices.

Generally you shouldn't buy a Gibson without playing it, thus, don't order it online. Epi's are fairly middle ground, with not too many diamonds in the rough, so playing it before doesn't make as much of a difference, IMO a brand new Gibson studio is not worth the price, so check out your local ads/ebay, will save you ALOT of money imo.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Thinking about it, Vintage Les Pauls are well worth checking out as well:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=72458

I meant to add this to my post. I haven't checked the link, but I think new they average £200? Second hand they fetch about £130, yet they have good quality control, so you can feel rest assured when buying one online

Edit

£185, was close.
I second the Tokai idea, they sound and look waaaay better than Epiphone and they're cheaper.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Definatley a tokai. Although I love my Epi, it's a '94 custom with dimarzios and the binding has aged and gone creamy, and the hardware has faded it's gold, I've never played a better Epi

But yeah, Tokai are suppost to be great and they're also rather fit, and cheaper thanan Epiphone.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.