Basically I recorded myself playing a song while listening to it through headphones, and pasted the actual song over the top using a video editing software. I got them in time with each other, but as the song progressed the video of me gradually got out of time with the backing track. Anyone know how I can stop this happening? Thanks
it sounds like a buffering issue with your comp trying to process two signals at the same time, do you have a mic input on your camera if so mic the amp into the camera and record live, or get a better processor, more memory and increase the virtual memory.
Quote by Random3
Basically I recorded myself playing a song while listening to it through headphones, and pasted the actual song over the top using a video editing software. I got them in time with each other, but as the song progressed the video of me gradually got out of time with the backing track. Anyone know how I can stop this happening? Thanks

What's happened is that the video project has the sound track in a different sample rate to the recorded audio, change the settings of the video project so the audio matches the sample rate of the file you have.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
What's happened is that the video project has the sound track in a different sample rate to the recorded audio, change the settings of the video project so the audio matches the sample rate of the file you have.

Thanks, so the bit rate of the song file is 3072kbps, and I have opened the video in windows media player and in the movie settings, the highest bit rate available is 2.1Mbps PAL, which isn't high enough. Is there any way I can make the song file less kbps? I had to convert the original song from MP4 to WAV in order to use it, but I can't find an option to change bit rate on the converte
Quote by Random3
Thanks, so the bit rate of the song file is 3072kbps, and I have opened the video in windows media player and in the movie settings, the highest bit rate available is 2.1Mbps PAL, which isn't high enough. Is there any way I can make the song file less kbps? I had to convert the original song from MP4 to WAV in order to use it, but I can't find an option to change bit rate on the converte

Nonononono, not the bit rate, the sample rate.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Nonononono, not the bit rate, the sample rate.

Haha ok, the sample rate for the song is 48kHz, how do I check and change the sample rate for the video?

EDIT: Don't worry dude, I think I've figured it out
Last edited by Random3 at Aug 20, 2009,