Has anyone tried out the Graph Tech Acoustic Supercharger kit? Is it worth it? I can't seem to find any user reviews on it on the net. Thanks in advance for any info!
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Nope. What is it?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
It's a kit that includes bridge pins & saddle made of Tusq, a man-made ivory. Supposed to improve tone.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
How much is it? I mean, that'll be a great improvement from the plastic one your guitar probably has on it right now.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
They're about $30. Not too much, but wonder if anyone whi has it noticed a difference.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
The bridge pins are pretty much all for look anyways, and you'd be better spent to just buy a bone saddle for that price. And tbh, if the Fender Acoustic is what you're playing, I probably wouldn't bother.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
You can find this out for yourself pretty easily if you have a guitar shop near you. Many new guitars come from the factory with Tusq saddles. Just find one and play it. Then find a guitar that has true bone saddle and play it to compare the difference.
Tusq isn't strictly an aftermarket add-on for guitars. It's an upgrade from plastic, but I feel it's a downgrade from quality bone/ivory.
Thanks! I'll probably just go with a good set of Martin phosphor-bronze strings. I'll save the extra cash for my Martin upgrade.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
Quote by LeftyDave
It's an upgrade from plastic, but I feel it's a downgrade from quality bone/ivory.

pretty much. my seagull has a tusq nut and saddle, but i never would have known unless i had done my research. i thought it WAS plastic. it's pretty damn close, even feels like you could dent it with your fingernail if you really tried. not very "real tusk" like.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip