Yo guys!! I need some help with this please!!
First here's the story;
Today me and my band were jamming together and my cousin (the rhythm guitarist in the band) just bought a new Squire Telecaster Custom with P90 pickups and he was playing on his amp, I have a Fender Telecaster so I asked him if I could plug in my guitar in his amp to see the difference in sound between our guitars and so I did...
As soon as I plugged my guitar in his amp there was a terrible amount of feedback and I had to turn the volume down.. Isn't that wierd? The amp-settings were exactly the same as when his guitar were plugged in.
The Squire didn't produce any feedback at all and mine was like "screeeeeeeeeeeeeddysgdsds" .. What do you guys think is the problem with this?? I would be really happy if any of you guys have an answer to this..
Like, tell me why this is happening :S
KON KON ^^
check the pickup specs. Probably yours are hotter so you get more feedback.
Is it a tube amp?
were you very close to it, with your guitar facing it, while your friend wasn't?
Did you connect it without putting the amp on standby or turning the volume to zero?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I dont know about my pickup specs.. they'r the original pickups.
He was facing away from the amp while I was facing it when plugging it in but I know facing the amp gives you feedback so I turned away from it but that didn't help much.. and yeah I did plug it in without turning the volume down to zero.

The amp is a Marshall avt 100 which I think is a tubeamp..

When we tried the other amp, a Peavey there we no feedback for either of us.. still it was the about the same amount of gain/volume as the Marshall...
KON KON ^^
i know this is off topic but how does his guitar sound? im thinking of getting that same guitar for my birthday
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Nose Spray
The amp is a Marshall avt 100 which I think is a tubeamp..

I don't know Marshalls but that is likely a solid state amp Or am I thinking of Line 6?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by mattbellamee
i know this is off topic but how does his guitar sound? im thinking of getting that same guitar for my birthday

To be honest, it sounds very good. He can get really heavy distortion with the p90 pickups while my regular Fender Tele with single coils doesnt have the same amount of heavy disortion it's better at softer songs and cleaner channel IMO.
Anyway, all Teles are pretty good allround guitar but I think his Tele would be really good for example Metal aswell. IMO It's a really good guitar for it's price
KON KON ^^
Quote by Nose Spray
To be honest, it sounds very good. He can get really heavy distortion with the p90 pickups while my regular Fender Tele with single coils doesnt have the same amount of heavy disortion it's better at softer songs and cleaner channel IMO.
Anyway, all Teles are pretty good allround guitar but I think his Tele would be really good for example Metal aswell. IMO It's a really good guitar for it's price

Thank you. Ya I've been looking into the guitar for a while now since my birthday is coming up and since it is pretty cheap for its supposedly nice tone I am really excited!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Our guitarist hass the same problem when he has two gutars plugged into his Fender combo. I had assumed it was because certain notes make the acoustic resonate and create acoustic feedback and this may be true but I also wonder if in fact it is something else creating a resonant circuit. Anyone else found this problem?