i was thinking of buying some pedals and i saw in a magazine that behringer pedals are only like 30 buckss....but are they worth it??

id rather pay like 75-90 bucks for a pedal that sounds great than 30 for a crappy one
CT Musicians

"Rebellion happens in the mind, you cant create it, you just are that way" - SLC Punk!
Quote by Random3
I heard they're not great. Boss all the way

Alot of berhingers are actually clones of Boss pedals, and Boss is not great either. They make some pretty decent recreations of old discontinued pedals, wich is nice, especially for the price, I think they're are well worth the money you pay.
Quote by acidrainman64
i was thinking of buying some pedals and i saw in a magazine that behringer pedals are only like 30 buckss....but are they worth it??

id rather pay like 75-90 bucks for a pedal that sounds great than 30 for a crappy one

They are imitations of boss pedals, and I don't even like 95% of boss pedals. Better off getting something better imo.
WTLTL 2011
The distortion/overdrive pedals are AWFUL.
But I do believe most of the other effects are pretty good

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I've only ever tried one Behringer pedal which I got for free and I didn't like it. I've only heard bad comments about them as well. I'd go with something better, like EHX.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
I've got the EQ and its fine soundwise... But the construction is a bit shoddy.... Upside down labels, flimsy plastic, crap packaging... But if your careful with 'em then you shouldn't have many problems... I think they're great if you are on a real tight budget (like me)

Not to self: Stop using ellipsis
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
i have the vd400 delay. . imitation of the boss dm2 (old delay pedal)

its alright, great for oscillations and stuff,

but meh. . save up and get better stuff
if you so much as look at them they fall apart and they have the most useless battery compartment (if you can even get into it)! sound bad 2
Quote by Sampy
Not to self: Stop using ellipsis

Who is it to then?
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
Quote by Dr.feelgud
if you so much as look at them they fall apart and they have the most useless battery compartment (if you can even get into it)! sound bad 2

See, that's not true, I've had my pedals for ages and they've never broken, and all you need is a biro pen to push in the things to get into the battery compartment.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Well. They're great for the price, I really like the sound of my dist pedal.
Got a bunch of Behringer pedals. They're all made of plastic, but they shouldn't brake if you don't jump on them.

Worth their price, definitley. But no "WOAH!" feeling.

They eat batteries. Lots of them. So use a power supply thingy (you know what I mean) or be sure to have like, two extra batteries for every pedal.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I have the delay, and it rocks. I highly recommend it if you've never owned a delay before and don't want to spend much money. I got the guy at the show to cut me a deal and I paid $20 flat. I couldn't argue with that, and have used it sporadically. Recently I learned that it has tap tempo (the instructions never mentioned it, and it's not written on the face) so now I'm using it ALL the time. It's amazing for the price.

The electronics are really funny, though. Whenever anything happens to the surge protector or the electricity in my house (eg. power out from a storm) the pedal turns itself on or off, whichever is opposite of where it was when power was cut. I tend to come down into my basement after the power comes back from a storm, and the pedal is sitting there engaged. Very strange. Once, it wouldn't turn off, but I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was fine.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
if you just want to start getting your feet wet into effect pedals, i'd go with there modulations, so you find out fi you really want the more expensive pedals or not.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
The vintage time machine is the best analog delay in its pric range, its a cope of the Memory Man, and is almost dead on it, pisses on a carbon copy.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Birchall17
I've only ever tried one Behringer pedal which I got for free and I didn't like it. I've only heard bad comments about them as well. I'd go with something better, like EHX.

+1 on the ehx stuff
i heard that the behringer digital delays are decent
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
Quote by Random3
I heard they're not great. Boss all the way

Boss is only marginally less awful.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
if you aint that sensitive for looks, try coolcat series from danelectro. they sound good, but they look like sh*t.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
i have a behringer v-amp 2 ( the pod like amp ) and still work after 2 years .

i also have a behringer gdi21 ( which is basically a clone of the sans amp gt2 ) .

for the price id say their stuff is good . most of behringer stuff is rip off of another pedal /amp at a lower cost ( mostly Boss ) . since they dont put any money on R&D ( research and development ) and use cheaper knob and stuff .. they ended up very cheap .

perosnnaly i would buy their stuff before many boss pedal ... since i dont like boss either and boss are 3 times the price .

so IMO if you have 70-80 .. and think about spending it on a boss pedal ... they saved more and get a better pedal . or buy the behringer copy at 20 $ ..

i perosnally havent had any problem with the behringer ive used . ...

the v-amp go for 50-60 $ on craiglist and does a decent job while playing through headphone .

the behringer gdi-21 sound very decent and compete very close to the sans amp gt-2 that sell 150 $ * .

so im not against behringer ... i perosnnaly think theyre more fair than the company that sell boutique pedal for 350 $ for a Boost pedal ( think Mad professor etc.. ) some boutique are way overpriced .

but damn .. behringer pedal enclosure is horrible . but not as bad as dan electro ...

cant these builder use basic mxr size enclosure ... im sure they would sell more ... i dont want a behringer pedal next to my MI audio crunch box and big muff . just because it look ugly

the only pedal they made that look decent is the dynamic compressor

http://en.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/BEHRINGER+DC9+COMPRESSEUR.JPG

but come behringer ... what kind of company make their Ultra metal pedal PINK ... LOL

http://www.behringer.com/EN/images/products/UM300_P0606_Right_web.jpg

get real .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 20, 2009,
I would say it depends on your needs.

I use a $15 Starcaster chorus pedal. Some people may laugh at that...but hey
I only need a touch of that effect in my tone. As long as it doesn't get muddy or
suck tone...it works for me.

I would rather recommend a nice multi effects pedal. Thats the best way to see
what effects you like and dont like.

Hendrix made history with the Univibe. I cant get a useful sound out of that thing to
save my life..lol Im so glad i found out with a multi effects pedal.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
I'm particularly interested in this. The guitar store I frequent stocks them and replaces broken ones for free, and they're dirt cheap. I can't really lose.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by higgins666
I got the Behringer Ulta Chorus as a christmas present off a mate, & it was ok, nothing special, I'd just avoid using it if you're a big guy.

haha thanks for the tip man. im 6 foot 5 and about 215 pounds. and the ultra chorus was the first one i was gonna buyy
CT Musicians

"Rebellion happens in the mind, you cant create it, you just are that way" - SLC Punk!
iv got the to800 overdrive and its pretty good although i hardly use it, i have also seen a video with this and a 20 year old tubescreamer that its copied from being compaired and there wasnt much of a difference, i also have the virtulizer pro rack multi effect to run in the loop of my dsl for delay and it sounds good, the pedaly are plastic but they dont seem as if they would break just turning them on and off, unless you stomp realy hard on them
Last edited by scottish nutter at Aug 22, 2009,
i have the tremolo...i really din't like the fact that it humms like sh*t....not a abd pedal..but it's insane for me to listen to the humm
I have two Behringers, the DD400 (Boss Delay clone) and the Vintage Distortion (Big Muff Clone). Both are GREAT pedals and unbeatable for the cost. Just make sure you have a dedicated power supply for them and don't bother with batteries. That seems to be a big part of the humming issue with them. I'm actually looking to pick up their Tube Screamer clone and another modulation effect once my Weeping Demon sells.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by Sid McCall

The electronics are really funny, though. Whenever anything happens to the surge protector or the electricity in my house (eg. power out from a storm) the pedal turns itself on or off, whichever is opposite of where it was when power was cut. I tend to come down into my basement after the power comes back from a storm, and the pedal is sitting there engaged. Very strange. Once, it wouldn't turn off, but I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was fine.

, I've had the same thing happen with my board quite a few times. Come in the morning after a storm to find a handful of pedals lit up. Kinda weird but I don't think it's a Behringer issue since it happens with my Verbzilla and a couple Boss pedals as well.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
This thread raises a couple of issues that would seem to need addressing.

1. When operating a pedal it isn't necessary to use your entire body's weight.
2. Unplug the AC adapters for your pedals after use. They continue to draw current and waste money even with everything they're attached to switched off.

Anyways, the only Behringer pedal I've got any experience with is their delay, the DD400, I think. The construction isn't confidence inspiring, but, the pedal is so packed with features that for $30+/- you can't really go wrong.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Nice i guess I'llhaveto check out the DD400 after I buys a new guitar and some new pedals... then a new amp... DD400 willbe inbetween the amp and pedals i guess.. if it's worth

hmm it wont make the Delay Squash Sound right?? (i made up the term. i mean when you play a note and the Repeat is pretty hight and you turn the Time knob and you get . some pinball sound)

hmm well i dono much about behringer pedals... Ive used their pro gear and they aint bad for a some amateur stuff.. you get what you apy for.. i like their mixers too...

hmm as for the effects, they are made of plastic which is the first thing keeping me away of them. They have loads of Cool futures like the Ultra Metal has got two band EQ (low and High) but it also has got knobs that change the Frequesncy that is affected by the 2 band EQs ... and soo... but you look at it's futures and at the price tag.. I aint sure they'll work... wel...

but hmm not bad i gues.. .would be worth a try... also yeah for beginners!! GO GET MULTI_FX PEDALS THEY ARE MOST OF USE FOR YOU check out Digitech's RP series
I'm not sure if you can do those modulation effects with the DD400. Try before you buy, I guess.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I'm not sure if you can do those modulation effects with the DD400. Try before you buy, I guess.

The DD400 is a clone of the Boss DD-3. No extra modulation effects on board. But it does well. And yes it will self oscillate with the settings right (the pinball sound).
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
And here's an internal shot of my VD-1. Looks pretty solid to me and not as horrible as people make them out to be:
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
^ PCB mounted jacks, a PCB toggle switch... What's it sound like?

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Meh.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Meh.

Fair enough, but I've yet to find an adequate fuzz in that price range that comes close. Side by side with a Russian Muff, the difference was extremely minor mainly due to the Behringer's American voicing. But if you don't like it, that's fine by me
SLAP energy drinks ftw.