Hi all. FIRST POST New here and pretty much of a beginner myself. Been following these forums for a couple of months now and finally decided to join. A lot of people on here seem to know their stuff, so I thought that I might as well learn what I can from this pool of knoledge.

Stumbled across a post in this forum (can't remember who) which recommended "METAL METHOD" by Doug Marks. I've looked into it a bit and I have to say it looks quite promising. Has anyone on here had any experience with this course? And if so, What do you think of it?

http://metalmethod.com/

Cheers.........Mike
Last edited by MechMike at Aug 20, 2009,
i have one of the dvds and have been using it. its helped my alternate picking somewhat since ive been using it. i think if i practiced it more it would be more effective. seems like a good bunch of excercises for increasing speed and coordination
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
thanks for the reply...... It just so happens that I've been paying a lot of attention to recently to my alt picking. string skipping in perticular....................TBH I think that I'm pretty much sold on the idea of buyin the pack. It's only $60 I think....... Anyone else used this?
i just downloaded it because im a sneak. but i would recommend it. its basically similar to what you would get from an instructor (minus theory)
Ordered it today, will submit my own review of it in a month or two after I've been working with it. Meanwhile I'll keep posting on this forum.

Anyone else got any input? I know I've bought it now, but anyone elses experiences with it would be appreciated.
Quote by jordanzio
i just downloaded it because im a sneak. but i would recommend it. its basically similar to what you would get from an instructor (minus theory)

They've got all the theory covered now on the 6th DVD apparently. Might be worth a download......cough cough.........sorry I mean purchase.
Quote by MechMike
They've got all the theory covered now on the 6th DVD apparently. Might be worth a download......cough cough.........sorry I mean purchase.

thanks for the update! i might take a slide down to the bittorrent store later today........