So i'm modelling a JCM800 on 3DS Max, great product; it should be because it costs 3000 USD

I recently carved the inside and placed the tubes, transformers, and stuff.

Here's a preview;

Any thoughts or comments?

PS the textures get added last and i'm not 100% finished on this model so i had to make it look like clay
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 20, 2009,
u spent 3000 dollars on a program for modeling amp cab's? I would've rather spent that on an amp. but it looks nice i guess.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
looks good, i personally use lightwave, but the only way for me to give a crit is to see a wireframe.

may I?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I loved using 3DS Max in school last year. Great job dude.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by stykerwolf
cough cough*pirate*cough

haha i figured as much. there's so many other cool things to waste 3000 dollars on.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
^ Unless that image is flipped, your innards are backwards, my friend.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
can you help me with 3ds max? I download a demo and theres seriusly no good tutorials and the help menu sucks on this program, please help me haha, I figured out AE fast, I pretty much have it down to a science after 3 years now, but I had the basics down under like a week, but with 3ds max I can't figure **** out, please help

and awesome job =)
Quote by psychokiller99
u spent 3000 dollars on a program for modeling amp cab's? I would've rather spent that on an amp. but it looks nice i guess.

lol, this is used to make movies and stuff, its a 3d animation/modeling/cool 3d **** program, a lot of the new disney animated movies use this program or very similar ones, so maybe youre joking and I didn't get it, but...............
wireframe looks very clean! im'a likin' this one!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ Unless that image is flipped, your innards are backwards, my friend.

It takes 0.673 seconds for me to mirror anything in the other direction

Yeah the wirefram is pretty clean, i still have to add some smoothness to the transormers and some more mojo

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Good point bubb tubbs!

Otherwise, it looks like a cool program. Are you actually going to make an amp or are you just playing?

I'm actually in the progress of making my own amp, but i'm doing this for a game/mod.
You might even be able to shoot this in CSS when i'm done :P
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 21, 2009,