Page 1 of 2
I had to reformat my harddrive because of rabid, man-eating viruses infecting everything and I had all my school work and other important stuff backed up, but I lost my 30+ gigs of music, and now I need to get it all back. the only problem is, I can't remember what I had.

Suggestions, anyone?
If you can't even remember what music you had on your hard drive, it clearly wasn't important...use that as a gauge. Most people don't even NEED 30 gigs of music...
Fap?

Sorry, couldn't help myself for once...idk anything about computers, but hopefully you can get it all back...that would suck to lose so much.
Quote by guitar98765432
I had to reformat my harddrive because of rabid, man-eating viruses infecting everything and I had all my school work and other important stuff backed up, but I lost my 30+ gigs of music, and now I need to get it all back. the only problem is, I can't remember what I had.

Suggestions, anyone?

If you cant remember what you had, Then you didnt listen to it.

So why go to the bother of getting it, so you can not listen to it. You can not listen to it just as easily when you dont have it. In fact ot would nearly be easier to not listen to it, if you dont have it.

Also, a large music collection =/= large penis
You most likely didn't buy your music OP.

So the only thing you have lost is time.

But if time is money. Does that mean that you actually bought those tracks?

Short answer: NO

Philosoraptor: Perhaps...

RIAA: We'll see you in court next tuesday. ****er.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Now is a good time to get spotify.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Why not just buy the music?

Be quiet.

Dude, you should have backed it up.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by jimmy_neutron
If you cant remember what you had, Then you didnt listen to it.

So why go to the bother of getting it, so you can not listen to it. You can not listen to it just as easily when you dont have it. In fact ot would nearly be easier to not listen to it, if you dont have it.

Also, a large music collection =/= large penis

This. I'm tired of hearing people say **** like "I filled up my iPod Nano, therefore I like music more than you."
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Happened to me a few months back. Just re rip your cds/redownload it all. And im certain you sont listen to all of the 30 gigs since you dont remember it all.
I don't mean to be a smart ass, but this is why cd's are better.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
everything by mastodon
everything by at the drive-in
everything by the mars volta
everything by choking victim
everyhting by leftover crack
I only have 9 gigs of music and I don't listen to all of it, plus I either burned them or own the actual album
Quote by TrabenBassist22
I don't mean to be a smart ass, but this is why cd's are better.

That's not smart. That's common sense.

Although nowadays, it's more like uncommon sense.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
This just happen to my ipod!!! oh well i know how you feel, but hey now you have time to try out new music!
See, this is why I don't illegally download music.

I buy CD's, so if my computer get's some evil butt-****ing virus, and I loose everything, I can just put them back on from the CD.

Also, the absence of illegally downloading makes me not any viruses.

And yeah, TS, there's no way of getting it back, it's gone man, it's gone.
I have over 30 gigs of music,
i listen to it all,
hell i have the lyrics to most of the songs memorized

so suck it, haters
Quote by one-dead-cop
everything by mastodon
everything by at the drive-in
everything by the mars volta
everything by choking victim
everyhting by leftover crack

this minus Mastodon, plus Electric Wizard

EDIT:
Quote by greyeyedfire
I have over 30 gigs of music,
i listen to it all,
hell i have the lyrics to most of the songs memorized

so suck it, haters

i have close to 80... yes I have listened to it all. It doesn't matter how much music you have as long as you listen to it and like. It's stupid when people have it just to score points with other people and try to seem "diverse"
Last edited by GREENWARRI0R at Aug 20, 2009,
I didn't listen to all of it all the time, but I had it all sorted by genre so whatever mood I was in I could just play that playlist. I kinda have iTunes OCD. And I've begun ripping all of my (legally purchased) CDs and I'm looking at a solid 10 GB that way. I just like to have a lot to choose from, I'm not bragging about the size of my collection.

And yes, the Mars Volta = win.
all the cool kids buy cd's TS.

and i assume you got this virus from randomly downloading every music torrent you could find?, just so you could tell all your friends how into music you are, despite the fact you clearly never listen to most of it.
hey ts,
when you download torrents, don't download and run the .exe file

that should be simple....
If I lost my entire music collection, I'd simply take 2 weeks off work get the dominos number ready, close my curtains and hibernate in my room. I'd have a white board (Black board is racist right lol?) and write a list of all the bands I need to get the albums of.

First off, I'd download 'Ok computer' by Radiohead first and then play it on repeat for this 2 weeks of mine.

Then I'd play Metric - Help I'm alive and fap.
Same thing happened to me when I lost my 40gb mp3 player. I just signed up to Napster. $14/month for all the streaming and downloading I want. Not a bad deal
I backed up my music before reformating. You should have.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
This.

Quick question about Napster - I'm guessing you can't put songs on an mp3 player?

The $9 subscription doesn't allow you to download. The $14 subscription does allow you to download and put it on your mp3 player. The files are protected and they charge $.79 per song to burn a CD. But you can buy a program for $14 which allows to you remove the protection from all the songs and burn them for free.
You lost something, which you did not have to pay for and which you can easily get again, for free, and you complain?

Sorry, I thought you lost all your CD's. That would be ****ed up. This is not that bad.
Anyone else think TS started this thread to show off his e-penis?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm still a CD kind of person. There's nothing like going to a record store and finding one of your favorite albums and then listening to it on the way home.
There's nothing to suggest, back up your stuff next time. As of now, you're out of luck.

As for how to get it all back, the only suggestion I have isn't appreciated here.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
If you happened to have bought anything from iTunes, then you can E-mail them and get it back.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
lars says you cant have his music back..unless you buy it.
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
Page 1 of 2