I need to insulate the whole subwoofer, and have all the sound feed into a tube for a talk box. What's the best way to trap all the sound?
Quote by Kosmosis
I need to insulate the whole subwoofer, and have all the sound feed into a tube for a talk box. What's the best way to trap all the sound?
Expect poor performance. Subwoofers don't produce high and mid frequencies very well. This is where almost all of the sound you need for a talkbox is.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Expect poor performance. Subwoofers don't produce high and mid frequencies very well. This is where almost all of the sound you need for a talkbox is.

Ah, piss, really? The whole idea behind the sub was a sort of 'bass talk box.' You're saying it's a fruitless endeavor?
a bass talkbox will be difficult to use. low frequencies will be more likely to cause spasms in your diaphram. this will trigger a gag-reflex, perhaps even make you puke.

most of what gives a talkbox it's unique character is the way your mouth changes the resonance of different harmonics of the notes. a subwoofer will produce lots of the fundamental frequencies, but not so much the harmonics.

subwoofer will work ... poorly.
a full-range speaker will work better.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
its sounds like a cool concept, maybe do it with a pitch shifter? that might work better, a talkbox back through a pitch shifter. just a thought, might be totally baseless but still.
~Defiant~
omg, lol vomit inducing bass!

but thats a interesting fact... ill have to keep that in mind when someone lets me try out a bass talkbox... (if they exist, and i dont think they do..)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.