The show is awesome.

But one thing kept bothering me. When the stargate activates and they have the iris on, why doesn't the iris get swallowed up by the wormhole?
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Because the wormhole doesn't actually suck anything in... and it's a TV show, get over it.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Because Star Wars rapes your silly television show.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Because they had MacGyver on the team. Do you actually expect something to go wrong with him around?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Because they had MacGyver on the team. Do you actually expect something to go wrong with him around?

^
This

///Thread
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
If my nerd gene allows me to remember from the show correctly, I think it was because the iris is just nanometers away from the event horizon of the worm hole. They said that it doesn't allow matter to rematerialize (thus being safe from most conventional weapons), so I guess it stops that big flush thing from materializing, too.

And... yeah. I need to get laid.
Last edited by Seref at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by Seref
If my nerd gene allows me to remember from the show correctly, I think it was because the iris is just nanometers away from the event horizon of the worm hole. They said that it doesn't allow matter to rematerialize (thus being safe from most conventional weapons), so I guess it stops that big flush thing from materializing, too.

Yeah

They have a cool way of explainin **** on Stargate

One thing they fail to explain however, is when O'Neill and Teal'c are stuck in the time loop, and Dr. Frazier does the whole light in the eye thing while testing to see if they're crazy, and O'Neill says, "I ask you, what could possibly be in my EYE that would explain this?!"

Seriously....

Epic show.

Quote by Seref

This. All of it.
Great show, final story arc/season (that Ori bullshit) and finale sucked though.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
One of my favourite shows. I wasn't too fond of the later episodes though. When the show started, it was all about exploration and going to cool new worlds. Eventually it just got to a point where every episode was "oh no, the goa'uld/regenerators/Ori are about to kill us".

And the last episode sucked ass
Fantastic show, it's on in aboue 30 minutes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Fantastic show, it's on in aboue 30 minutes.

I too have seen my fair share of (the early) Stargate SG-1, just because it's on TV like every friggin day. We Swedes must be huge nerds.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by Zox
I too have seen my fair share of (the early) Stargate SG-1, just because it's on TV like every friggin day. We Swedes must be huge nerds.

Haha, that's pretty true.

I've already seen all the SG-1 episodes, I wish they'd bring on star trek voyager instead.
Quote by Kensai
Haha, that's pretty true.

I've already seen all the SG-1 episodes, I wish they'd bring on star trek voyager instead.

Next Generation > Voyager. Janeway gets on my nerves.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

I've already seen the entire next generation series, they used to show that before SG-1. Voyager I haven't seen though but with the help of seven of nine I'm sure things will go smoother.

Yeah I need to get laid too.
Watching SG1 after school every single day was a staple of my daily routine, I've seen pretty much every episode at least 3 times

Quote by LordBishek
Firefly was better >_>

So was Battlestar Galactica, but the series finale sucked

QFT, but it's not really fair to compare other SciFi shows to what is essentially perfection.

Quote by MercyfulFate505
Yeah

They have a cool way of explainin **** on Stargate

One thing they fail to explain however, is when O'Neill and Teal'c are stuck in the time loop, and Dr. Frazier does the whole light in the eye thing while testing to see if they're crazy, and O'Neill says, "I ask you, what could possibly be in my EYE that would explain this?!"

That episode was brilliant, especially when they get fed up and start playing golf through the gate.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

QFT, but it's not really fair to compare other SciFi shows to what is essentially perfection.

Maybe, but it's like when you've dated a woman so hot that she makes all other women look like short, fat, balding dwarves.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
That episode was brilliant, especially when they get fed up and start playing golf through the gate.

Now I know what episode you're talking about. That was great.
I'm not a big fan of SG-1; Doesn't do the film justice in my oppinion. there's none of the drama and metaphor of the film, it just folk pissing about with the odd 'alein' thrown in so they can pass it off as sci-fi.
Quote by LordBishek

Maybe, but it's like when you've dated a woman so hot that she makes all other women look like short, fat, balding dwarves.

Exactly. I generally just try not to compare anything to it, if that had happened then I'd never have stuck with BSG, which would have been a shame.

Almost wrote Joss Wheden off after watching the first couple of episodes of Dollhouse though, luckily it got much better, and Alan Tudyk showing up for the last couple of eps of the season more than made up for the extremely slow start.

Quote by jimRH7
I'm not a big fan of SG-1; Doesn't do the film justice in my oppinion. there's none of the drama and metaphor of the film, it just folk pissing about with the odd 'alein' thrown in so they can pass it off as sci-fi.

TBH, I don't even like the film, the series was at it's best after the first few seasons, when they stopped worring so much about taking ideas from the film and just branched out a bit.

Quote by sakura'sdarkest
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlYsnMoAwk

Looks quite ****ing awesome to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--bK_7z3NhQ

This too.

SGU does look fantastic, good to see a new approach too. It's a shame that Atlantis had to end so soon, felt like there was more interesting stuff to do there than there was with SG1, but at least it finished before it got stale.
Last edited by GLP_Arclite at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

This!!
Picard beats Janeway anyday!!
(yeah I'm a scifi nerd, sue me )

but what Seref said was right... (btw if you had to dig in your memory, you must have a fenomenal memory, because that's exactly how they explained it)

... My bf has them on dvd, so we're watching the whole series again..
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Exactly. I generally just try not to compare anything to it, if that had happened then I'd never have stuck with BSG, which would have been a shame.

Almost wrote Joss Wheden off after watching the first couple of episodes of Dollhouse though, luckily it got much better, and Alan Tudyk showing up for the last couple of eps of the season more than made up for the extremely slow start.

*Makes mental note to watch Dollhouse*
Quote by LordBishek
Firefly was better >_>

So was Battlestar Galactica, but the series finale sucked

Firefly and Stargate, that is almost like comparing apples to oranges. I'm a big fan of both. I have all of the Stargate seasons and movies on DVD, I have Serenity but haven't managed to get my hands on Firefly yet (I just steal my parent's copy).

BSG was OK, not better than Stargate though - especially if you compare it to the early SG-1 episodes. IDK, I just couldn't get into it. That and their persistence with their made up swear word 'frack', god that drove me nuts.
Isn't it made of the same stuff as the stargate?

I like Stargate.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by LordBishek
*Makes mental note to watch Dollhouse*

You really should, any Whedon fan will like it, even if it's not up to his usual standard. It's worth watching all the way through just for Tudyk's awesome part at least.

Quote by JohnnoEH
Firefly and Stargate, that is almost like comparing apples to oranges. I'm a big fan of both. I have all of the Stargate seasons and movies on DVD, I have Serenity but haven't managed to get my hands on Firefly yet (I just steal my parent's copy).

BSG was OK, not better than Stargate though - especially if you compare it to the early SG-1 episodes. IDK, I just couldn't get into it. That and their persistence with their made up swear word 'frack', god that drove me nuts.

I'm hoping for some kind of awesome Blu-Ray boxset with Firefly and Serenity, I'd buy that without a second thought. Though I'd prefer more episodes

I preferred BSG to SG1 if I'm honest, I liked the approach it took to SciFi, more serious and dramatic than the usual, though horribly depressing a lot of the time.
Uber-bump

Didnt think it was worth making another thread, but has anyone been watching SGU?
Im half way through season 1, episode 8 to be exact and im just not feeling it.

As a character-centred drama its pretty good, im liking the development of everyone on the show but it just doesnt feel like Stargate anymore.
The sci-fi part of it doesnt really factor at all (so far), its just another castaway type deal where the actual location doesnt really matter.
I think its tilted way to much in favour of the people on board and not enough fun, silliness, technobabble and battles. I think SG1 and Atlantis had a better balance between the two aspects which made those shows so great.

They have this crazy amazing ship, albeit battered with only one real scientist on board and you see is people getting depressed on it.

Ill probably see season one through, but I dont have high hopes for the second season at the moment.
add me

SGU has it's ups and downs. Some episodes get me and some I could have walked away needing only 2min of the show to progress the story.
Quote by Blackbullet
Uber-bump

Didnt think it was worth making another thread, but has anyone been watching SGU?

As a character-centred drama its pretty good, im liking the development of everyone on the show but it just doesnt feel like Stargate anymore.
The sci-fi part of it doesnt really factor at all (so far), its just another castaway type deal where the actual location doesnt really matter.
I think its tilted way to much in favour of the people on board and not enough fun, silliness, technobabble and battles. I think SG1 and Atlantis had a better balance between the two aspects which made those shows so great.

They have this crazy amazing ship, albeit battered with only one real scientist on board and you see is people getting depressed on it.

Ill probably see season one through, but I dont have high hopes for the second season at the moment.

My only problem with SGU is that it just isn't very fun. I still really enjoy it and think it's a great show, but I can't enjoy it as much as SG1 or Atlantis. Plus it treads too far in to BSG territory, and tbh, it's not consistently good enough to really rival that.

That said, when SG1 characters show up in SGU, it immediately becomes one of the best things ever. /innerfanboy

Also, epic bump
Quote by Blackbullet
Uber-bump

Yeah I got the exact same feeling when I started watching. Second half of the first season is more sci-fi-y though. I'm about three episodes into Season 2 and I guess it's okay. About 3/4 of each episode is character development and the other half is continuation of 'how do we control this ship?'.
Quote by DukeDeRox
SGU has it's ups and downs. Some episodes get me and some I could have walked away needing only 2min of the show to progress the story.

Personally I dislike SGU, however I'm still giving it every chance I can.

I find most of the characters unlikable/ complete morons to an almost unbearable degree, and a little too much of the show is "OMG DRAMA!!!" and "I'm freaking preggers! oh noes!".
I can understand the whole "character development" thing, but in my opinion, there's a little too much of it and not enough SciFi.

Still... I like the ship, and the "new" stargate design.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I watched alot of the Stargate (SG-1) when I was younger. Now I'm watching Stargate Universe (SG-U), it has mixed reviews but I really like it. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's enjoyble to watch.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
I guess im not alone with my impressions on SGU.

Got about 4 more episode of season 1 left, it has picked up a tiny bit but im getting kind of bored of the emo-montages they get into from time to time.
add me

One thing always bugged me about the Stargate franchise: how the hell do the stargates know when to deactivate? They always shut down like the instant the last team member goes through.
Lol good point.

I may be mis-remembering but didnt Carter, Daniel Jackson or Mackay give some technobabble explanation about that?

They should bring back Atlantis, those gates were the coolest. I kinda liked the look of the SGU ones to start with, but they look kinda plastic-y and cheap now that I have seen them a few times.
add me