http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1M5Rx5Dzg4

Another simple punk song, also for my band Mayor Iguana. I'm looking for critique that helps me achieve the sound I'm going for; if you're not fond of the genre, please still try to help me improve it for what it is. Thanks guys!

There is an obvious editing mistake in the middle, just ignore it.

Here is my other song, Nun****er, which is a bit more complicated-

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1184441
Well it's a genre preference. I'm not one of those pretentious assholes that write for complexity, that's like stroking your ego on a stage. I like the attitude and melodic style of simple punk rock, so sue me. To be a good guitar player, and to fully appreciate the instrument, and even music in general, you don't have to look down on minimalism. This style of punk rock arouses a restlessness in me; it gives me adrenaline and fills me with a positive attitude about life. So really, what I am trying to say, with not so much aggression as contempt, is back off. If you're going to disrespect my music with a five word sarcastic critique that does not help me at all work towards what I am striving for, why even waste your time?
Last edited by Donswald at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by Donswald
Well it's a genre preference. I'm not one of those pretentious assholes that write for complexity, that's like jerking off on a stage. I like the attitude and melodic style of simple punk rock, so sue me. To be a good guitar player, and to fully appreciate the instrument, and even music in general, you don't have to look down on minimalism. This style of punk rock arouses a restlessness in me; it gives me adrenaline and fills me with a positive attitude about life. So really, what I am trying to say, with not so much aggression as contempt, is back off. If you're going to disrespect my music with a five word sarcastic critique that does not help me at all work towards what I am striving for, why even waste your time?

ok so that probably wasnt the best way to say what i meant. dont get me wrong i enjoy listening to punk. but what i meant was that with just the guitar by itself with nothing else it just seemed incredibly repetitive, with lyrics and some bass and drums it would definitely liven it up. sorry if i sounded like an ass
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Thank you. Your intentions are clearer now. I agree, the critique I have been getting on most of my songs is that I need to add bass and vocals pronto. I'll make sure to post the results when I get that done. I'm especially excited, because our vocalist is going to play trumpet on most of Nun****er.
its catchy, i would sound better with stuff behind it of coarse. but seems like you got a good rhythm. i like it
DRUG DRIVING: Your eyes will give you away.
-Keep on listening to the great Joe Strummer. Cos through music, we can live forever.
Sounds like blink to me. I liked it. You should put some of your whole band up.

In the mean time, check out mine.

www.myspace.com/tranquilo07

I think you will like it...(we are a punk band too)

just post here...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187791

edit: I read some of your posts...
I feel the exact same way as you do about punk rock. And I also enjoyed the fact that you understand the concept of minimalism. Now i am pumped. Do you have a myspace or something?

In any case, send me recordings...NOW.
Last edited by Bobdrick at Aug 23, 2009,