Well, I am in need of a whole new setup. I am finally old enough to get a job and can start buying actual good gear.

So, Im the singer/guitarist in a three piece. Our style is like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, and some more classic influences.
I play lead stuff and simple stuff so i guess i need versatility.

i've narrowed my guitar choices to three
-Fender Mexican Strat
-Fender Mexican Tele
-Schecter PT Standard

i already have a good amp but i need some tubes.
I have a peavey classic 30 and i think im gonna re-tube it with JJs.
and later on i will get the classic 50 4x10

i really need help with pedals.
i have no idea wat kinda pedals i should have.
my favorite guitarists are
-Izzy Stradlin
-both of the guys from Pearl Jam
-Dean DeLeo
-Kurt Cobain
-Eric Clapton

so do you guys have any suggestions to morph my sound with those guys in mind.
i guess i have unlimited money, but it will take a while
4 words nice. there is alot of info in those 4 words though, you do need a wah for some of that.

classic pedal setup:

wah
distortion pedals
modulation effects
delay/reverb effects

distortion pedals would be things like: overdrive pedals, boost pedals, fuzz pedals, funny octave/fuzz pedals, and yes even distortion pedals; it's also where put my compressor pedal if i am going to use one. in various configurations to taste.

in between distortion pedals and modulation pedals i run some moog pedals or octave pedals, maybe whammy wahs go here too

modulation effects are: flanger, phaser, chorus, phase shifters, etc

in between modulation pedals and delay pedal is where i usually put tremelo pedals and other 'step' sorta effects like moog 105 MURF or boss phase shifter.

delay effects and reverb effects: echoe, tape echo, reverb heads(like fender 72 reissue), delay and reverbs, some people like running reverb last in the chain, some like delay last in a chain. it's up to you

after delay effects, sometimes i'll run some kinda weird or strange stereo effect, like maybe my mutron bi-phase. but that is not too common.

there you go, check out all that crap, listen to artists you like and try and figure out what they use with your ear and some research. then start buying pedals. maybe even the same ones they use, maybe something better... either way, that outline should keep you busy with what you wanna buy. look at my profile if you wanna see what i use, i love my gear.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
4 words nice. there is alot of info in those 4 words though, you do need a wah for some of that.

classic pedal setup:

wah
distortion pedals
modulation effects
delay/reverb effects

distortion pedals would be things like: overdrive pedals, boost pedals, fuzz pedals, funny octave/fuzz pedals, and yes even distortion pedals; it's also where put my compressor pedal if i am going to use one. in various configurations to taste.

in between distortion pedals and modulation pedals i run some moog pedals or octave pedals, maybe whammy wahs go here too

modulation effects are: flanger, phaser, chorus, phase shifters, etc

in between modulation pedals and delay pedal is where i usually put tremelo pedals and other 'step' sorta effects like moog 105 MURF or boss phase shifter.

delay effects and reverb effects: echoe, tape echo, reverb heads(like fender 72 reissue), delay and reverbs, some people like running reverb last in the chain, some like delay last in a chain. it's up to you

after delay effects, sometimes i'll run some kinda weird or strange stereo effect, like maybe my mutron bi-phase. but that is not too common.

there you go, check out all that crap, listen to artists you like and try and figure out what they use with your ear and some research. then start buying pedals. maybe even the same ones they use, maybe something better... either way, that outline should keep you busy with what you wanna buy. look at my profile if you wanna see what i use, i love my gear.

thanks a bunch bro!