Hey guys, I just tried out my recording software and decided to try and make a song. It's kinda hardcore and thrash, or at least that's what i was aiming for. Influences were mostly ISMFOF, which is completely obvious for any of their fans, lol. Anyway, It's in this link. I know the drums are kind of quiet, and some of the timing is off, but it's a demo, and I plan on fixing all of it. But as a general observation, tell me what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/colinlooksupthendown
i don't hear any hardcore or thrash influence. was this supposed to be humorous?

this sounds like: "chug chug chug chug, dissonance, chug, dissonance, chug, chug" over spaced out drum beats
How did I provoke that? I just want to share some music man, If you don't like it I'm sorry but is it really worth being so rude over?
Yeah, sorry mate. This piece needs a LOT of work. As a fellow thrasher, I know how much fun it can be to record and play thrash songs, but this is far from a thrash song.

If I were you, I'd go back to the drawing board and rethink the riffs you are using. I'm sure that a little bit more time and concentration, you will be able to come up with something leaps and bounds above this, but don't forget to sit down and practice/expand your skill set as an instrumentalist. If you'd like to hear any other thrash bands that are posting on this board, you can head over to my band's myspace and check out what we are doing there and compare. I'll give ya the link below.

Hopefully this was helpful. Just keep going at it, practice hard, and look around for some inspiration, which I'm sure you will find

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1185911
im not being rude. i just don't like being led into false hopes. i saw "Hardcore/Thrash" riffs and was like "yeah somebody likes the music i do! will check this out"

then i listen to these riffs and it is a crabcore breakdown the entire time.

due to your ignorance i am going to be rude. i wasted time out of my life.
I would agree that this doesn't exactly fit in the 'thrash' category. It would work as a short 'breakdown' or 'bridge' part of a song perhaps but it sounds too choppy and harsh to be the main section of a song. I agree with farzyness, listen to some more thrash metal to get some inspiration.
Sounds kind of like something UnderOath would record especially the dissonant parts, so I'd say this is more metalcore than thrash though, also add some bass and turn the volume up on the drums.

m not being rude. i just don't like being led into false hopes. i saw "Hardcore/Thrash" riffs and was like "yeah somebody likes the music i do! will check this out"

then i listen to these riffs and it is a crabcore breakdown the entire time.

due to your ignorance i am going to be rude. i wasted time out of my life.

One minute? really? I agree that it's not what I expected but you don't need to be a jerk.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Aug 21, 2009,
Thanks everyone! I'm sorry to have disappointed you though, Peytonnn. But lighten up a bit, being so hostile isn't a good way to be.
i love ISMFOF but this really didnt remind me of them.. you need synths and the guitars sound too trebly/harsh