Hi all,

I'm about to go and buy some new strings for one of my guitars (an Ibanez SAS32EX) so I can put it in drop c (it is currently in standard). Apart from the obvious tuning of the strings, I'm supposed to adjust the neck to deal with lower string tension too yeah? Is there anything else I need to do? The SAS32EX has a sat pro tremelo which isn't a locking one which makes it easier I guess, but I've never restringed a tremelo before so I guess I'll be pulling out the ol' manual. xD

Anyone got any further tips? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Pete.

PS. Apologies if this is the sort of thing I could have found with a quick search, I don't have time to look right now. :p
its hard to tune to drop c when you have a trem. you can try it out though.
Looks like it's going to be harder than I thought again.... but still I'd like to give it a shot, then if I fail miserably I'll take it to a guitar shop and pay for someone to do it right.
Honestly, if you don't know how to set it up for Drop C yourself, get a guitar tech at the store you buy from to do it for you.

At most it'll run you 30 bucks, and that's pushing it.

GOREDIT: Sorry, didn't notice your location. I don't know the conversion, but I meant 30 USD.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Aug 21, 2009,
dont be worried about the trem, tons of metal bands have drop tunings with trems.
although i think there were mostly locking (nile, slayer,cannibal,etc.)
just check the floyd setup thread, i know its not a floyd, but it will give you a general idea.
~Defiant~