Hi there, I bought a brand new Fender Baja Telecaster from Dolphin Music on Tuesday, it came and everything was ok. However when I went to plug a lead into the guitar jack it requires a lot of force to push it in all the way. (that much force that it hurts my hand) It also clunks against the metal when it goes in.

The lead just goes in nicely with previous guitars, so I should definatley think it would with this £430 guitar. (I have tried other leads with the tele too)

Does anyone know if this is suppose to happen, or should I get in touch with the shop/Fender?

Thanks very much
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton
It shouldn't hurt to put the cable in. I'd call Fender about it because it might have been put in crooked and you don't want to risk damaging it.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Dolphin probably has a return policy. Just get a new one.
Last edited by fretz86 at Aug 20, 2009,
does it have a jack plate easily taken off?

i know some tele's dont.

but if you can then take off the jack and see if the arm inside is bent.

it should fit in like this.

that's a calbe inserted into a jack sitting off of the guitar attached by two wires.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
does it have a jack plate easily taken off?

i know some tele's dont.

but if you can then take off the jack and see if the arm inside is bent.

it should fit in like this.

that's a calbe inserted into a jack sitting off of the guitar attached by two wires.

The jack is hard to get off. Typical lol

Thanks for your help though, Ill ring up and tell them whats going, I'm sure I'll get it sorted.

It could just be me though and that the jack is suppose to be like thatl, but like someone said I may damage it if I carry on like it is, so it's better safe than sorry.
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton
The jacks on my Teles do the same - they go in too smooth at first, then there's a point where you have to force it and they make a clicking sound and that's it.

For reference, the jacks I'm talking about are the switchcraft jacks that Warmoth sell - which are to the best of my knowledge the same jacks that Fender MIM and MIA Teles use.

The upside of it is it doesn't seem like cables can ever be accidently pulled out of a Tele's jack. I've had cables get caught on things and be pulled out my LPs and Strat before, but with my Teles they're completely secure thanks to the weird clicking jack.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I don't own a Tele, but come to think of it I do remember plugging in a friend's Tele and thinking "Hope I didn't break it..."

So maybe all Teles are like that.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.