If any of you followed my last thread, I'm gonna be buying an $80.00 Peavey Classic 30 used with all its parts except for tubes. I know that the Classic 30 takes four EL84's and three 12AX7's. Should i look into buying a certain brand of tube to put into it or would I benefit from having 2 different brands of tubes in there? I don't know much about tubes so i don't wanna do anything that will wreck this beauty!
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
I put Tung-Sol 12AX7s and JJ 6V6s in my Ampeg today and I reccomend both highly!

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
On guitarcenter it asks whether i want to buy a soft quartet, medium quartet, and hard quartet. What do the soft, medium, and hard mean? Is that how it will sound? or is it the amount of power they consume?

edit: and thanks for the websites man, but i'm not into high gain stuff much. Not much more than zeppelin. I'll play a little Black sabbath but i'm not looking for perfection out of my amp. just something i'll think sounds great.
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Last edited by B. Heath at Aug 20, 2009,
soft hard medium refers to the break up rate. or how fast they will break up on the clean channel. soft being more clean head room.

it should explain that on the site because thats where i got that information........
there was a site that had sets of tubes picked for certain amps and had some options for the classic 30. stuff like low gain or high gain, early/late breakup, etc. cant for the life of me find it now though. if anyone has a link to that store, might help the threadstarter out some.
Check out thetubestore.com. Excellent service and delivery, not to mention the tubes!

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦