i am writing guitar parts and drumming, for a punk-style band right now, and was just asking a question about writing solos for songs. i never really studied much guitar theory but i know enough to write a decent song without a solo, but i have no clue where to start writing a solo, should i just write what comes to mind, or improvise or what?
also my leg is burning from playing drums, i cant make it stop, i have to limp and stuff, whats wrong with that, and how could i fix it?
Sing me a new song
A broken song of redemption and regret
Sing me a new song
And beg for all the mercy you can get

--------------------Monty Python and the Holy Grail----------------

your leg is burning from playing drums? ive been playing drums for a couple years and ive never had serious leg problems (and im pretty hardcore with my double bass). either you havent been playing drums long enough that your legs arent used to to the constant leg work, you have some unknown leg condition, or youre really slamming your bass drum.
Quote by DavesCrusade
your leg is burning from playing drums? ive been playing drums for a couple years and ive never had serious leg problems (and im pretty hardcore with my double bass). either you havent been playing drums long enough that your legs arent used to to the constant leg work, you have some unknown leg condition, or youre really slamming your bass drum.

yeah its never happened till like this past week. and slam my double bass pretty hard too, but for the past month or so ive been away from a drum set, and have been practicing with my hands and leg, and that when it started hurting
Sing me a new song
A broken song of redemption and regret
Sing me a new song
And beg for all the mercy you can get

--------------------Monty Python and the Holy Grail----------------

Find out the key of the song and use the corresponding scale as a guideline for your solo. You don't have to stick to the scale, but it helps to at first.
sing how you want the solo to sound - then play that - it's normally the easiest way to write simple solos.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more