Not so long ago I made a thread asking for a blues amp. Having reconsidered everything and taken me time to think this through, all I want is versatile gear. Something that will provide me with a pleasing bluesy tone if I want one, and yet gives me an opportunity to rock and roll or shred high-gain. I suppose that's asking a lot already for a 450$ budget, but I am open to suggestions and hoping for some insight.
Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo for instance, suits the price range perfectly, and seems like a pretty solid (despite being tube, LOLPUN) amp. I am visiting my local guitar store today, so I am likely going to test the Valveking along with other stuff, but at a first glance and some minor read up, the King seems like a perfect choice. Anyone experienced with the amp care to contribute?

Thanks.
youll need AT LEAST an OD and EQ pedal to get into shred territory. but overall its pretty versatile just not great. Ive got some decent metal clips in my profile with an EQ and OD so check it out.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
It's a good amp. I have the 2 x 12 version.

With an eq and an od you can shred no problem.

Then just use the amps distortion on its own for blues.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
it's a good amp after a speaker swap. before that, it's decent. it's quite versatile, i think, assuming you have an od for really heavy stuff (and the lighter gain stuff too). it's just workhorse amp, kind of a all-arounder.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
i would recommend a classic 30 over this personally, the tone is just dead from what i've played on them. but i guess if you want a decent size valve it's the only thing going at that price....
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
The Classic 30 was the very first thing I considered, but I perceive it as a more of a blues amp really. Getting a decent heavy metal sound out of the amp on it's own, without any pedals, might be somewhat impossible. Besides, Classic 30 is a little over my budget and along with a decent pedal it could take my a while to raise funds, seeing I have no fixed income.
Classic 30 tops the Valveking. I had one (vk) and its only a little better than solid state.
For blues..the headroom wont give you that singing sustain that you may need.

I just got a Roland Microcube and I was so impressed that if i knew about them a long
time ago...I would have gotten one and saved until i had the cash for a JCM.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett