what guitar is this?

Is it worth trying to get? Here is the craigslist posting:
Here you go folks.....my husband got another girl pregnant, and left me high and dry. I have to pay all our bills and mortgage, and the only the way I can think of is to sell his stuff. He has a few guitars, but I know this one is special to him so it goes first. Since he wants to leave and leave his stuff behind, I'm selling it. My lawyer tells me that his stuff is my stuff, so whoever wants this, just shoot me an offer. Please, local only. I also have a motorcycle I'll be listing here later. I don't knows anything about guitars, but its worth something, so take a look and then let me know. Everything has to go before the first of next month.
that'd be the zakk wylde signature. It's probably worth a good bit of cash, seeing as it's a gibson
Yeah, that's worth a few thousand dollars.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
Veeeeeeeeeery fishy listing. Fake gibson IMO.

EDIT: Look at the truss rod cover, doesn't seem gold like the actual one... Could be bad quality pic though.

EDIT 2: Look at the pickup cavities, they seem to have 3 screws instead of 2 like the original gibson.

You be the judge, here's a pic of the original to put it up against:
http://www.guitarkiller.com/Guitars/Gibson%20Custom%20Zakk%20Wylde%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by Zoso1994 at Aug 20, 2009,
yea seems pretty fishy, yet plausible, worth even bothering to check it out?
Man, I'd like to be the sucker to offer her a low price
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
it's about $5000 new for the gibson version so $4000-$4500 could be achieved if it's in good nick
idk if its me or the pics but i always thought the gibsons had a brighter white then shown there but i really wouldnt doubt if im wrong
It looks like the Gibson Custom Zakk Wylde which costs $4,700 new

But I agree, the posting looks very fishy, could be a fake
if i had a fake, and i was a douche, i'd sell it that way too.

she's pretending she has no idea what it is.

if you took the covers off and looked inside, examined the truss rod cavity and cover, looked closely at the finish and the frets, you would be able to tell if it was a china special, being passed for a gisbon.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'd say its fake. The blocks look more like pearloid, the split diamond looks it too. The board looks ebony, And the truss rod doesnt look right.
Email her saying its just a beginner guitar and you'll pay fifty for it.
yea the listing sounds very off. i'd say stay away, but if its real, the dumb chic who posted the listing has no idea what its worth so make an offer of a few hundred (if u have it) and see where it goes. if the person says anythign about shipping stuff STAY AWAY!!!

oh, and thats a Gibson Zakk Wylde Signature Guitar. Worth a few grand.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Zakk-Wylde-Signature-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-Bulls-Eye?sku=517124

EDIT: after reading the post b4 me, it does look fake (the guitar). ask for some better pics of the head of the guitar, and the back of it. if the person claims to be unable to do so, just dont bother. or make a really small offer like $25.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Last edited by a7xsteve at Aug 20, 2009,
Dude, that's worth a f*cking lot, If it's not a fake.

You could:
1.- Offer some little sh*t money and take it(people think guitars are worth sh*t. some guy once told me "how much does slash's guitar cost? about $100?)
2.- Tell her she is probably selling a 5K dollar guitar, so she should ask some money for it.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
It's an epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom. The Gibsons have 2 screws, but the Epi's have 3.

Compare them, the latter is a Gibson, the former, the Epiphone.

it's still worth a good chunk of change though.

But, the headstock does look gibson ish..... and you can see what looks like a Gibson logo on the headstock...

crazy how I found 2 almost Identical pictures huh?

The Epi also has a ring around the pickup selector switch...... Ask for some pictures of the headstock. I'm starting to think it's a Gibson though...
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by Zoso1994
EDIT 2: Look at the pickup cavities, they seem to have 3 screws instead of 2 like the original gibson.
You be the judge, here's a pic of the original to put it up against:
http://www.guitarkiller.com/Guitars/Gibson%20Custom%20Zakk%20Wylde%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

My friend's LP has 3 screws. The one on your pic has 3 too, but 2 are black. Probably the flash or a different angle of the picture made them shine.

Anyway, there's nothing to loose if you go to check it out. Just take a look at this:
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/CounterfeitGibsons/
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

I don't think the headstock says Gibson or Epiphone...
Hello there.

I lurk a lot.

It's what I do best.
Well, that has the Gibson headstock, not the Epi.

SO it could be real, unlikely, but still a possibility.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Well, after watching all this thread, I'm actually starting to think it's a Gibson, or at least an Epihpone.

It has the right cream color, not white. It doesnt have the ring on the PU selector like a Gibson should, It has 3 chrome screws (Gibson has 2 black, so that's the faulty point). The inlays look right, The hardware is golden, along with the truss rod. And the knobs are on the right place. And it has the right pickups, where they should go (check the EMG logos, they are 85/81, silver/golden)

IMO, It could either be an Epi with a Gibson sticker, or a true Gibson. If it was a fake, It should have been done by a guitarist/luthier, because it has most things right, unlike the blatantly fake chinese guitars.

Just check it clearly, I already posted a good link above.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo
Well, after watching all this thread, I'm actually starting to think it's a Gibson, or at least an Epihpone.

It has the right cream color, not white. It doesnt have the ring on the PU selector like a Gibson should, It has 3 chrome screws (Gibson has 2 black, so that's the faulty point). The inlays look right, The hardware is golden, along with the truss rod. And the knobs are on the right place. And it has the right pickups, where they should go (check the EMG logos, they are 85/81, silver/golden)

IMO, It could either be an Epi with a Gibson sticker, or a true Gibson. If it was a fake, It should have been done by a guitarist/luthier, because it has most things right, unlike the blatantly fake chinese guitars.

Just check it clearly, I already posted a good link above.

no way to tell wtf that is from those pics, sorry.
some of you guys are so gullible.

it makes me want to sell some gear.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565

I'm not gullible, but the pics seem right. The EMG's are recognizable because of the logos, the Truss rod cover looks golden, and the color seems right. what do you think it's not rcognizable? The headstock is the onl thing that would need closer inspection on the pics, but it seems right.

The guitar needs to be checked in person ,obviously. No one would buy it just for 2 kinda real pics. And the TS is in the same town because there should be only local offers, so it's nothing he can't do. I already posted a link to compare real gibsons and counterfeits. I never said "Buy ITTTTTTT!!!!!!", I just said it looks legit to me .
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by jj1565

yeah lol like your going to buy it without checking it out in person before... you buy **** on craigslist for that reason.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
yeah lol like your going to buy it without checking it out in person before... you buy **** on craigslist for that reason.

1. people do all the time.
2. some fakes are very good. they closed a shop down in my state, they sold fake gibsons for a long time before being caught.
3. i said to check it and someone else said, how he's starting to think it looks real after looking over this thread. my comment was to him. i asked, how could he state that after looking at those pics.
4. shove you eyeroll up your ass.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
1. people do all the time.
2. some fakes are very good. they closed a shop down in my state, they sold fake gibsons for a long time before being caught.
3. i said to check it and someone else said, how he's starting to think it looks real after looking over this thread. my comment was to him. i asked, how could he state that after looking at those pics.
4. shove you eyeroll up your ass.

jeez calm down bitch.

to op get serial number and pics to gibson customer service they will probably help you out better then anyone in this thread can. including jj up there
Quote by Mayonaise 812
jeez calm down bitch.

to op get serial number and pics to gibson customer service they will probably help you out better then anyone in this thread can. including jj up there

haha, yep, typical. you start something. you're post was completely unfounded and rude, i'm a bitch for calling you on it.

it's not my first day here. maybe you should look around before you count me out as someone who is of no help.

and fyi, chinese copies, also copy the serial numbers off of real gibsons.

edit: yeah ok, you say with another eye roll. passive aggressive much?
V
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by jj1565
haha, yep, typical. you start something. you're post was completely unfounded and rude, i'm a bitch for calling you on it.

it's not my first day here. maybe you should look around before you count me out as someone who is of no help.

and fyi, chinese copies, also copy the serial numbers off of real gibsons.

im sorry i dont feel like arguing over an internet forum

to op: refer to my last post. get serial number better pictures and contact gibson customer support.
Now now children settle down. ^^

By the way did anyone notice the 'local only' request by the seller in the ad? If I was selling a fake the last thing I'd want is a local pickup and have that thing inspected. Maybe the owner changed the pickup screws so they are all gold, who knows. Ad sounds fishy, but then again we won't know until someone who knows Gibby's goes to check it out in person.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
why cant we all get along?

TS go and see for yourself, just trust your instincts. If something smells bad then just drop it. If its legit you can make a hell of a deal. If its a epi then its still worth something. If its a fake then its still worth something but i would be careful about buy a fake. i think its adgesnt the law to own a fake isnt it?
thanks for the input guys, I sent an email, might check it out. And I think I'd only agree to meet at a public area, don't want to get robbed/murdered checking out a guitar on craigslist...
The knobs aren't straight. It's a fake.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by ninjab
thanks for the input guys, I sent an email, might check it out. And I think I'd only agree to meet at a public area, don't want to get robbed/murdered/raped checking out a guitar on craigslist...

fixed

it happens man make sure you go with a bud. Although the times i used Cragslist i turned out fine
^ha
My current guitar I bought off somebody through craigslist. Met at a starbucks, only downside was I didn't get to plug in before buying (it was a cheap schecter so not a big risk).
Last edited by ninjab at Aug 21, 2009,