ok well i have around 2300 to spend on a computer could be 200$more

so far i got the mics presonus firestudio project...a headphone splitter and all the other things i need

my problem is the computer i wanna be able to record anywhere so a laptop is cool but more expensive and more restrictions

buyng a pc would give me more freedom if i built it around 2000$

then ive been told a mac is what i need but the only affordable mac i saw is the mac lapton for2300 with 2.5ghz instead of the 4.8ghz i would get buiyng the pc

im fkn lost suggest me things plz i need your help i have everything i need to record except the computer i have start doing this **** the earliest possible!
Get a decent computer at about 3.0ghz processor clock @ dualcore for running multiple threads with a good front, 4gb of ram, a massive hard drive, and a large monitor for viewing multiple tracks interfaces.

That'll run you about, if you go desktop, $800.

Then get -

A digital mixing board, a killer Pre-amp, and a really nice condenser mic for micing.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i have a audio tecknica 4050
a sennheiser 602 for bassdrum a couple of shure sm57 and 58 ,,and 2 rhode oeverheads

the firebox studio 10x10 does the job
Quote by guitarskater11
mac uses everything in the computer better and therefor you don't need as much..just get a mac

You're living in the past.

Windows now uses dual-core-capable programs, so the whole Mac > Windows for image/video/sound editing thing is invalid.

AKA Mac is a rip-off. Unless you've grown up using a Mac and are completely comfortable with the operating system, stick with Windows.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by strat0blaster
Get a decent computer at about 3.0ghz processor clock @ dualcore for running multiple threads with a good front, 4gb of ram, a massive hard drive, and a large monitor for viewing multiple tracks interfaces.

That'll run you about, if you go desktop, $800.

Then get -

A digital mixing board, a killer Pre-amp, and a really nice condenser mic for micing.

I'm not sure how much of an advantage quad-core has over dual-core, but that may be an option. Check out Intel I7, it's supposed to be stupid fast. Try to go 64-bit; atm, the biggest DDR2 RAM sticks you can get are 2GB (if I'm not mistaken), which will get you 8GB in total. If you get 32-bit, the max memory is ~3GB, I'm pretty sure.

+1 to massive HDD; you'll NEED it.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
I'm not sure how much of an advantage quad-core has over dual-core, but that may be an option. Check out Intel I7, it's supposed to be stupid fast. Try to go 64-bit; atm, the biggest DDR2 RAM sticks you can get are 2GB (if I'm not mistaken), which will get you 8GB in total. If you get 32-bit, the max memory is ~3GB, I'm pretty sure.

+1 to massive HDD; you'll NEED it.

Yeah, a Quad Core could work, but I don't think he/she'd ever really fully run it unless he was recording every drum track at once. When you consider you only lay about 2 tracks a go plus those in the background, it's not really necessary for a quad core, IMO.

And thanks for clarifying about the 64 bit OS - I forgot that bit .
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by no.mop
You're living in the past.

Windows now uses dual-core-capable programs, so the whole Mac > Windows for image/video/sound editing thing is invalid.

AKA Mac is a rip-off. Unless you've grown up using a Mac and are completely comfortable with the operating system, stick with Windows.

not correct.

i'm running both OS X and Vista (previously had XP in there too) on my audio machine, and in OS X i get on average 20% less CPU usage on identical tasks. i can load up identical Ableton Live projects in both OS X and Windows, and OSX will use far less cpu.

mac hardware is indeed overpriced, but OS X is the best operating system on the planet for audio, hands down.

Im not an Apple Evangelist, just offering my experience of running OS X , Vista and XP side-by-side on the same hardware.