For those of you who have played this guitar in the position pictured below, how does it compare to a normal guitar in the normal sitting position?

BTW I don't like Nickelback.

"teh most gains"
It's much more difficult to hold without putting it between your legs. That's why when sitting down, people put it between their legs so it doesn't slide off.

I guess if you were playing with no pants on, the body might stick to your skin good
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Aug 20, 2009,
not sure..but it's a kick ass guitar i must say....i personally like bodies in the strat shape.....or LP shape....(if i could afford one)
one x_vox
its nearly unplayable if held like a normal guitar i believe, go to your local music store and try out any V guitar, it takes some getting used to but personally, i like it, i play my Les paul double cut away this way all the time that i like it so much
Aside from the info you've already gotten, asking someone "Which guitar is right for me?" is like asking "Which sexual position is right for me?" or "How should I kiss my girlfriend?" Personal choice and preference, man. That's the only correct answer here.

Pros and cons are helpful, though. Personally, I prefer the explorer.

EDIT -

And I DO like Nickelback. Flame away. That band is ufckin awesome.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
it should be fine i have a dean v and a normal shaped guitar and i had the normal shape first but i play the V fine. you could just play standing up
I play V guitars. tbh, I remember the VERY first time I played one, it was awkward as hell. I was totally lost when I picked it up BUT when I ordered my Jackson v king a year ago, I started trying to play in classical positions with a "normal' guitar to get in the right zone for my Jackson V and after a while, I started playing Vs and playing in classical positions. Now, I love playing V shaped guitars. They are my second favorite type of guitars right after 4 pointed guitars.

Warning: If it is your first time playing a V, don't buy it.
V's bring out speed you didnt even know you had.

Some of them practically play themselves.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
I've played classical guitar quite a bit so I'm thinking a V will be a comfortable fit. I live in a small town and the only guitar shop I'm guaranteed to find one is four hours a day.

I played the Alexi ESP model but can't remember whether I found it comfortable or uncomfortable.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi200-Alexi-Laiho-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=542076

To those of you who have played the V in the classical position and a regular guitar in regular position, which do you prefer?
"teh most gains"
omg the v's are horrible for sit-downs, horrible to hold and in my opinion unconfortable. flat out
Quote by mountain2012
I've played classical guitar quite a bit so I'm thinking a V will be a comfortable fit. I live in a small town and the only guitar shop I'm guaranteed to find one is four hours a day.

I played the Alexi ESP model but can't remember whether I found it comfortable or uncomfortable.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Alexi200-Alexi-Laiho-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=542076

To those of you who have played the V in the classical position and a regular guitar in regular position, which do you prefer?

It is near impossible (it is possible but just stupid looking and uncomfortable) to play a V in a one leg position. Seriously, try out a V before you buy it and this time remember how it felt!

BTW thats a LTD Alexi not a ESP.
Quote by S I N AssAssiNz
omg the v's are horrible for sit-downs, horrible to hold and in my opinion unconfortable. flat out

TS don't listen to this guy. Listen to players that had hard experiences with V guitars like me and others in the thread not kids that try it once and then go home.
^ Same thing. How are you guys ignoring my two posts stating that I would use the V in a classical picture like in the pictures. I know it would be extremely uncomfortable in the conventional one.
"teh most gains"
Quote by mountain2012
^ Same thing. How are you guys ignoring my two posts stating that I would use the V in a classical picture like in the pictures. I know it would be extremely uncomfortable in the conventional one.

No, LTDs and ESPs aren't the same thing. ESPs are higher quality ends and LTDs are the lower quality brand of ESP.

I don't know, you're kind of confusing me on how we can help you?
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 20, 2009,
I have a V and I play it a lot like in the pictures, I also play a couple "strat" style guitars in damn near the same position, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.
I dont understand how anyone here can help. How a guitar 'feel's in total personal preference, the only way that you can know if you like how V's feel is to try it yourself.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Classical position ftw, play every guitar that way, I just like it better.
I play my V in both the pictured position and the standard, sort of universal position. Both work out fine for me.

Current Gear

Gibson Flying V
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Jackson Professional Dinky
Fender Blues Deluxe
Vox Vt30

Mad Effects
Flying Vs are all about fret access, right? I see most people who play Vs usually shred and w/ that body they have all the access you could want from a guitar.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by Misticalz
Flying Vs are all about fret access, right? I see most people who play Vs usually shred and w/ that body they have all the access you could want from a guitar.

The problem with many Flying V's is the fret access I find because of the type of neck joint (bolt-on's being the worst) and that set-necks and neck-thru's are the easiest to get to higher frets, at least that's what I feel. And by upper frets I mean 15+
I play a Rhoads and it's super sweet, but I hate to play it sitting down. It's mainly for standing, which is how I play most of the time anyways. I bought a Caddilac for sitting, lol.
Playing in the classical position is awesome! I play ALL my guitars like that
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
i love flying V's and and i love playing them in that position. far more comfortable than anything i've come across so far.

that position is essentially classical position, very comfortable and easy to access everything that way.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by mountain2012
For those of you who have played this guitar in the position pictured below, how does it compare to a normal guitar in the normal sitting position?

BTW I don't like Nickelback.

V shaped guitars are usually great to play - but sitting down is a bitch!
If you're willing to stand up and you want to gig with it then buy it...otherwise look @ something else?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Try it, after a couple of days you'll want to play every guitar in classical position.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I played V's a few times, never had a problem with playing while sitting, though I generally like to play while standing up.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by hendrixftw
V shaped guitars are usually great to play - but sitting down is a bitch!
If you're willing to stand up and you want to gig with it then buy it...otherwise look @ something else?

I think one of the benefits of the V-guitar is that it encourages you to stand while
playing. I think it is the easiest guitar to transition to a standing position.

Most players that hate V's..dont have the muscle memory to stand and utilize their entire skill set. I.E they are not good at playing without looking. In this sense...I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. I consider these models intermediate/advanced level.

Its wonderful to get them in the habit of standing early..but it's a double edged sword. It can be frustrating and discouraging as well.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Aug 24, 2009,
Its a great guitar. If you get a gibson version they sound so good and an older gibson would sound better. I live V more because they are more comfortable to sit with and play standing since I could my guitar weird.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
I play my v like that, after a while ive found it more comfortable than any other guitar to play
Quote by daytripper75
This man speaks the truth.
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
I think one of the benefits of the V-guitar is that it encourages you to stand while
playing. I think it is the easiest guitar to transition to a standing position.

Most players that hate V's..dont have the muscle memory to stand and utilize their entire skill set. I.E they are not good at playing without looking. In this sense...I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. I consider these models intermediate/advanced level.

Its wonderful to get them in the habit of standing early..but it's a double edged sword. It can be frustrating and discouraging as well.

I never got what's so hard about playing while standing, I actually play better that way. Just feels more natural.

[/offtopic]
After getting my v and playing classical position i now always play in classical position. zi find it much more comfortable. V's are easy to play in that position pictured.