Page 1 of 3
Hi,

I have a very modest home studio to record myself in. Is anyone else here into home recording?

Here are some pics of some of my stuff. I have more I can post if you want to see and post some pictures of yours too.

Here is a shot from the doorway:

I have a set of electronic drums but I use the sounds from GigaStudio or DFH2. Electronic Drums are a good, cheap way to record at home:

Here are a few of my amps. I have others, but I find a couple old Fenders, a Marshall, Soldano and Vox pretty much cover all the bases. I don't use the amp sims but I have Guitar Rig and Amplitube.

The guitar is an Ed Roman Quicksilver.

Here are a couple of my guitars including a Jazzmaster, an old Custom Telecaster (not to be confused with a Telecaster Custom that I also have), Jazz Bass, Baritone, etc....

Here are some of my acoustics. 1994 Gibson, Custom Shop Gibson #4 of 100, 1959 Martin. There is also another Pre-CBS Fender amp and 16 tracks of DA-88 for backups.

My Dobro (USA Gibson) and another old Martin

Some of my other guitars:

I use a couple Macs. One is not pictured is a MacBook Pro. I put my Mac and PC in the closet to lower the noise. There is a cable pass in the bassboard you can sort of see.

Wow, your good at making me feel like crap

EDIT : you got 17 guitars (i'm not sure I counted that good). . . Thats a hit on my pride (i don't if that expression exist in english)
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Last edited by Geezus at Aug 20, 2009,
I'm in love with those amps and guitars. Specifically the older Fenders and Gibsons, and the Marshall, and the Hollowbodies, and the Ric. Well, actually I guess i like all of it?..
Weekend Warrior
no, that's not all my guitars. Here is a more artistic shot that shows more. There is a rare Pelham Blue Epiphone Olympic there from 1965.

Oh, also have an analog recorder 8 track reel to reel.

Here are a few more of my guitars:

Last edited by carl drew at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by ezequielgdl
That's a very cool home studio!

but "modest" is not the word haha

yea, you got some better stuff then a few pro bands. really nice set-up man, congrats

years of hard work pay off....or a cool lottery win

anyway, i hope to have a nice lil home studio someday

alls i gots now is 3 electrics, one acoustic, and a tube amp. i dont have recording stuff.

but someday i would love to add another nice amp or two, maybe a much nicer acoustic, a few better electrics, a comp for music stuff with software, and all in a nice private soundproof room.

and i like the cool electric drumset u got there. u play drums too?
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
...is this just a thread to show multiple pictures of your gear in order to avoid the pic limits of the Official Gear thread?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
No, I want to see other people's home studios. I have been playing for a while but I know others have great stuff too.

I just have what I need. Everything I have gets played.

I don't play drums I just bought the drums so if someone does we can do some playing or recording and to fool around on.

Crate of stella there for aesthetics.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Ibanez indeed, and the blackstar does it's job :]
Honestly, I have no idea. I've never properly heard a Fender or a top of the range Marshall, but the ISF is pretty neat, and people recommend the British voicing it can achieve.
Cool. I will check one out. I'm not really up on the newer stuff.

From what I have been told the new Marshall amps are not like they used to. The one I have is called a JTM-50. It's from the 60's. Some people call it the Bluesbreaker.
That better not be a MIJ tele in the front of the first picture D:
Do you have any clips of that soldano?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I can make some. It is not like the high gain models. If you ever heard Lou Reed's New York it kind of sounds like that - it's got 4x10 inch speakers.
Man you have a pretty sweet collection there. I definitely love those acoustics. So are you a retiree or do you have a really good salary, or have you just collected over a long time?
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Can I kill you and take your stuff? Seriously <_<
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
no, i am 30. i just work a lot and don't spend money on atari or stuff like that. most i ever paid for a guitar was 1500.00.
Quote by carl drew
no, i am 30. i just work a lot and don't spend money on atari or stuff like that. most i ever paid for a guitar was 1500.00.

Statements are highly contradictory, but i'll take your word for it. You must snag some seriously nasty deals to never have spent more than 1500
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Juadafi
That better not be a MIJ tele in the front of the first picture D:

No, that is an old USA made Custom Telecaster. I don't really like the MIM stuff, not my style.

I was buying mostly used stuff in the early 1990s. The Telecaster Custom (73) was $450.00 in 1993, Les Paul Standard was $250.00 with the Vibrolux when I was in 8th grade, etc... Les Paul SG Junior in white was 675, etc...

I still have my atari 2600.
Quote by carl drew
No, that is an old USA made Custom Telecaster. I don't really like the MIM stuff, not my style.

I was buying mostly used stuff in the early 1990s. The Telecaster Custom (73) was $450.00 in 1993, Les Paul Standard was $250.00 with the Vibrolux when I was in 8th grade, etc... Les Paul SG Junior in white was 675, etc...

I still have my atari 2600.

Teles that are Made in Japan have the cream binding, which, I think, completes a tele. One is at the top of my GAS list atm.
No, that is a USA made Tele. The early 60's models could be ordered with binding through the late 60's. That is why it is a 'Custom Telecaster' - the Telecaster Custom has a humbucker in the neck from the 70s.
I believe you, I just mistook it for a MIJ because of the binding, it looks damn sexy.
^ damn, you need to tidy up.
^ damn, your brother needs to tidy up.

What mic you got, btw?
Budget mics are FTW. I got two for £30 brand new. I've gigged them for two years, about once a month, pretty much constantly abused and they're still working brilliantly and I get compliments about them.

There's limits though, a couple of my friends use SingStar mics ¬.¬
i recorded all my stuff with a rockband mic i got with the xbox 360 game haha

i wasn't sure i wanted to really invest in a real mic (i want an SM57) so for now a rockband mic does the job
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Nice Soldano, TS
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Juadafi
Teles that are Made in Japan have the cream binding, which, I think, completes a tele. One is at the top of my GAS list atm.

They are reissues of the ones like mine. Check this link out:

http://www.gbase.com/gear/fender-custom-telecaster-1967-sunburst

As for how I got a lot of stuff - I was luckys to buy when things were less expensive and was into older guitars since I was about 13 - when the pointy guitars were really in - so I got some good deals. Since then I just buy cheap and always put money I sell back into the collection.

I don't waste my money gambling or in bars, so while friends may spend 300 a week going out to dinner or bars I spend the 1200 a month on my studio or on guitars.

I don't really drink (maybe a couple beers here or there) or smoke and music is really the only thing (aside from woodworking) I spend any money on.
Last edited by carl drew at Aug 21, 2009,
Page 1 of 3