So I'm looking to build a pedalboard. I play a Sheraton II -> Fulltone OCD -> Ampeg J-20. I have some in mind, but looking for other lesser known gems. Price range is around €100 ($150) per pedal, but can stretch a little.

I play most styles of rock, Indie-ish, grungy, hard rock, jazz fusion and folk rock.

Type of pedal - Pedals I'm interested in:
Reverb - Looking at the EHX Holy Grail Nano/Malekko Spring Chicken.
(Analog) Delay - Malekko 616/MXR Carbon Copy
Compressor - MXR Dyna Comp/Barber Tone Press/Analogman Compressor
Phaser - MXR Phase 90/EHX Nano Stone
Chorus - EHX Nano Clone/MXR Stereo Chorus
Wah - Vox V847A
Power supply - Dunlop DC Brick/Gator G Bus
Also feel free to suggest other pedals you like.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by JMcG92
So I'm looking to build a pedalboard. I play a Sheraton II -> Fulltone OCD -> Ampeg J-20. I have some in mind, but looking for other lesser known gems. Price range is around €100 ($150) per pedal, but can stretch a little.

Pedals I'm interested in:
Reverb - Malekko Spring Chicken.
(Analog) Delay - Malekko 616
Compressor - MXR Dyna Comp/Barber Tone Press/Analogman Compressor
Phaser - MXR Phase 90/EHX Nano Stone
Chorus - MXR Stereo Chorus
Wah - Vox V847A

That looks good to me.
Quote by unet
That looks good to me.

Thanks.
But I only really need one of each and can't decide .

¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
For Delay, check out the new memory Boy/Toy from EHX, it's a lot better than the Carbon Copy and cost less
What type of music do you play (helps in terms of versatillity)? And do you already have enough money to buy ALL of these pedals!?
i really like my tc electronic scf, it is extremely tasteful and blends tone wonderful. 3 different effects too, the chorus is superb, but the flanger is a little wiry sounding for my tastes. but the middle setting is some kinda warbly phaser, think they call it a pitch modulator, sounds insane cranked up, kinda like a rotary speaker. it is in stereo, and i use it for many different instruments, it just is extremely tasteful and adds much depth to an instrument. really sets well in a mix.

for analog delays, i here the T-Rex is the cats meow. what til you see the price though. the holy grail of analog delay, for me anyway, is the moog mf-104Z. ~700 usd. one sweet ass delay though.

i have 2 mutron phasers, they are sweet and very full. i don't know any others really, but if you can get a mutron bi-phase or a mutron phaser II then do it.

RMC makes wah's that look very nice, i believe that will be one of my next wahs. also think ernie ball has put out a wah that looks quite worth the money. if i were buying one for about 100 bucks, then the ernie is what i would go with. think it has true bypass switching, looks like it is very sturdy.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Mutmoo
What type of music do you play (helps in terms of versatillity)? And do you already have enough money to buy ALL of these pedals!?

Oops, sorry, I'll put it in the original post too. I'm into playing basically everything from Indie Rock, Jazz Fusion to Hard Rock. Basically all rock music light and heavy.

As for paying, gig regularly so it'll be a case of bit by bit, but in the end I'll have one sweet ass pedalboard.

EDIT: Liking all the suggestions so far, particularly gumbilicious.

Last edited by JMcG92 at Aug 20, 2009,
deluxe memory man delay. very nice pedal, wish i owned one.
i like my small stone nano and my vox wah, i say go with those
dont really know about the other stuff
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
btw there is a new EHX memory boy which looks really cool, and is ALOT cheaper
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
Quote by StratMaster2
btw there is a new EHX memory boy which looks really cool, and is ALOT cheaper

I'm hearing good things about the EHX Memory pedals, and that TC SC/F is godly, easily worth the price of 2 pedals.

Type of pedal - Pedals I'm interested in:
Reverb - Verbzilla, Hardwire Rv-7, T-REX Tonebug

(Analog) Delay - OK, for analog delays, I'd say just say try them out. Everyone is currently hopping on the Memory Boy bandwagon when most people can't even find them, nevermind try them. Other suggestion: Modtone

Compressor - Don't know many

Phaser - I have a Russian Small Stone that I love, but they are out of production (bought it used). Or a EarthQuaker Devices Grand Orbiter Phase Machine

Chorus - EHX Polychorus (but thats 50 bucks over your price range, but very nice and versatile)

Wah - You may want to look at the Ibanez WH-10 reissue or a Dunlop 535q

Power supply -
Also feel free to suggest other pedals you like.
Look at the very many available octave pedals I'd say!
Quote by Mutmoo

(Analog) Delay - OK, for analog delays, I'd say just say try them out. Everyone is currently hopping on the Memory Boy bandwagon when most people can't even find them, nevermind try them. Other suggestion: Modtone

I bought the boy memory yesterday, so I'm not hopping on any bandwagond here, I own both the CC and and the MB, and the MB is way better . The Modtone delay is pretty damn nice too for the price.

BTW there's a demo of the Memory Boy on my profile, it's not really good, but gives you an idea
Quote by Sguit
I bought the boy memory yesterday, so I'm not hopping on any bandwagond here, I own both the CC and and the MB, and the MB is way better . The Modtone delay is pretty damn nice too for the price.

BTW there's a demo of the Memory Boy on my profile, it's not really good, but gives you an idea

really? sweet.

It's just been a recent bandwagon though ever since the MB was announced (I'll probs pick one up though!)

Edit: After listening to the MB, it is very nice. It is more crisp/exact than a CC, but I think the CC is a bit warmer (creates some distortion on repeats, which I like alot). The modulation on the MB is fantastic, love it. So, I'll definitely pick up an MB, but I have no regrets purchasing my CC.
Last edited by Mutmoo at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by Mutmoo
really? sweet.

It's just been a recent bandwagon though ever since the MB was announced (I'll probs pick one up though!)

Yeah, that's why I tried it when I saw it my store, I wanted to see what was all the hype about that pedal, now I understand
Great pedal is great
Quote by JMcG92
Thanks.
But I only really need one of each and can't decide .

Well i chose a few for you.

Reverb - Malekko Spring Chicken

Delay - Malekko 616 [sounds freaking awesome....but kinda expensive]

Phaser - Small clone/modded Phase 90. Your choice really. Try them out...they're both quite different.

Chorus - Modded Small stone

Wah- I second the WH-10 reissue.
Quote by Sguit
Yeah, that's why I tried it when I saw it my store, I wanted to see what was all the hype about that pedal, now I understand
Great pedal is great

Yeah, I did a quick review when I edited my old post. It's very nice, now I see the hype too.