Okay I went to Guitarcenter a few days ago, and I pre-ordered a Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 guitar, here's the URL cause if you're gonna help you most likely need to see it...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Hellraiser-Solo-6-Electric-Guitar-105298210-i1443075.gc

My problem is when I was there I tried out guitars for my metal music to find my first official guitar that wouldn't suck, and when I used this one I liked it, and it had one the best sound and feeling(in my opinion). But I have a practice amp a 15w Behringer v-tone. When I was trying out the guitars please keep in mind I was using a distortion pedal but I already know that's not the case... The amp I was using was a $200 amp with 2 settings, rythme and lead... and lastly the reverb... I've been doing a lot of practicing of solos and what not, and that was my main focus... by the way even though the name is SOLO 6 I never saw the solo in the name till I ordered it, but I'm wondering was the guitar the main factor in the amazing solo sound or was it the amp, that made the solo's sound awsome?

Here's my current amp BTW

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-V-Tone-GM108-15W-Modeling-Guitar-Combo-Amp-480698-i1145403.gc
Last edited by S I N AssAssiNz at Aug 20, 2009,
high output pickups and a better amp than a your vtone. Do you know exactally what amp it was?
~Defiant~
no not really like i said I never checked to see what I was using so it wouldn't affect my judgement, din't want to base decision on price nor name
If you want your solo's to sound good, try practicing them. if you don't like your tone, get a new amp, or some pedals
i know practicing them is the key but i mean the sound just sounds a little plain when played on the higher notes, I mean it sounded good
Quote by S I N AssAssiNz
i know practicing them is the key but i mean the sound just sounds a little plain when played on the higher notes, I mean it sounded good

Adjust your EQ? maybe raise your pickups a little bit?
It was probably the amp.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I would say amp. Active EMGs aren't exactly known for their feeling and expressive tone.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...