...overplaying good songs ad nauseam. They did it to Dani California, and I'm fearing they're about to do it to Uprising. I am going to go on a shooting rampage if they ruin Muse for me.

So, the main points of this thread will be:

I don't listen to the radio, therefore I will never feel disappointment.
        E-peen:
        Rhodes Gemini
        Fryette Ultra Lead
        Peavey 6505
        THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
        EBMM JP13 Rosewood
        Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
        i dont listen to the radio ... thats why Ipods were invented
        Don't have to worry about them overplaying Muse over here, they don't even play Muse on the radio .
        i just listen to cds or my ipod im lucky to hear a song i lie on the radio im not a big fan of modern rock and metal
        Last edited by rickyj at Aug 20, 2009,
        It's a coincidence I'm listening to Uprising at the moment, but not on the radio. Either way, I don't listen to the radio.
        So someone playing a song automagically changes the way it sounds and makes it awful?
        Gear:
        .Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
        .Peavey Classic 30
        .Xotic BB Preamp
        .MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
        .Vox V847A Wah
        .Boss RC-2 Loop Station
        .Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
        Enter Sandman, not my favorite song by any means, but it is a good song and now everyone and their grandma knows it.
        So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
        Quote by RyanDV
        So someone playing a song automagically changes the way it sounds and makes it awful?

its an effect on the ear, ear fatigue.

after hearing it over and over the ear egts bored of it

they play them over cause they are popular, and some people will miss is if they play the song once a day. they play it over and over so more people will hear it
        Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
        ^
        shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
        I used to like hotel california, but everytime it comes on I just have to switch the radio station
        Quote by RyanDV

No, it's just when they play it ten times a day for several months.

And we have to have the radio at a noticeable level during work, so I can't avoid it.
        Quote by mmolteratx

This.

Srsly
        Quote by TrabenBassist22
        Enter Sandman, not my favorite song by any means, but it is a good song and now everyone and their grandma knows it.

If you think people just recently found out about Enter Sandman, you've missed the last 19 years.
        E-peen:
        Rhodes Gemini
        Fryette Ultra Lead
        Peavey 6505
        THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
        EBMM JP13 Rosewood
        Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

American Idiot was an alright album if you chose to ignore the fact that every 10 year old girl thought they were punk cause they knew the lyrics to Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Quote by mmolteratx
        If you think people just recently found out about Enter Sandman, you've missed the last 19 years.

no, i didn't mean recently. I was just talking about how that song is overpaid and now some people only know metallica because of that song and the fact that they are MTV bitches now.
        So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
        Quote by RaveRock
        Kids - MGMT

Ever day going to school it would come on. EVER ****ING DAY.

They played Time to Pretend like that in my area........
        Schecter Tempest Custom
        Squier Jagmaster
        Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
        Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
        Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
        Marshall Valvestate VS100
        I actually enjoy my local radio stations. Probably because they actually do mix it up all the time, so i don't hear the same song more than once a day.
        UG POKER!
        Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
        Quote by TrabenBassist22
        no, i didn't mean recently. I was just talking about how that song is overpaid and now some people only know metallica because of that song and the fact that they are MTV bitches now.

I would say Guitar Hero Metallica has introduced more people to their music than Enter Sandman playing on the radio.
        E-peen:
        Rhodes Gemini
        Fryette Ultra Lead
        Peavey 6505
        THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
        EBMM JP13 Rosewood
        Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I hate muse, so I dont care. I dont care for RHCP either. Radio stations where I live play only play top twenty sh*t stuff or old classics. Also I just listen the radio at 6am, on my way to school, and there's only news at that time.
        GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
        Quote by NakedInTheRain
        And we have to have the radio at a noticeable level during work, so I can't avoid it.
        Take your Ipod and some small speakers, and turn it up so you don't disturb anyone around, but you can still hear it yourself, and block the radio.
        GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
        Quote by mmolteratx

Me too, but I hate hearing the same songs over and over again when I'm in the car or something.
        pearl jams new song the fixer is always on. its getting annoying.
        Quote by texasthrasher
        Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
        Can I get a Twilight ruined Muse?

I still like them though. I just tell myself Supermassive Black Hole isn't a song in BHAR..
        ........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
        Quote by JustRooster
        I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
        That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
        Quote by SimplyStrings
        Can I get a Twilight ruined Muse?

I still like them though. I just tell myself Supermassive Black Hole isn't a song in BHAR...

I still like that song, and it's fun to play on bass, but I do hate how Twihards know that song and scream at the top of their lungs whenever they hear it. Starlight is the song that seemed to get old quickly.
        Quote by edgeyyz
        I still like that song, and it's fun to play on bass, but I do hate how Twihards know that song and scream at the top of their lungs whenever they hear it. Starlight is the song that seemed to get old quickly.

I absolutely adore SMBH. Always have, always will. I was kind of annoyed that Twilight appropriated it, but at least more people will be chanting when I play it live.

EDIT:

And yeah, Starlight was the song that everyone was talking about. It's a great song, but I've never really clicked with it.
        Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Aug 20, 2009,
        Quote by paranoideyes
        Tip: radios have more than one station.

Yes but radio stations (at least around me) tend to overplay modern garbage or overplay good music (IMO of course).