So right now I'm in two "Bands".

Band 1 is me and my friends from grade school and we just all got back together. It's 3 guitars and one bass. Not good.

Band 2 is me and brother and my cousins. This is a full band cept my cousins suck at their instruments.

Now i was talking to my brother at work and we wee thinking of taking all the songs i've written and making a two peice band. Guitar and drums. A'la The White Stripes.

How should i go about this without hurting feelings?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
So are both of these officially bands, or do you jam together with your friends? What about searching for a drummer?

But if you want to go with your bro, try to just let each band die off on their own. Don't go to practice, etc. It's kind of an indirect way to do things.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
not at all. haha

p.s. would this idea be ripping off the white stripes?
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by Flying Afros
But if you want to go with your bro, try to just let each band die off on their own. Don't go to practice, etc. It's kind of an indirect way to do things.

I wouldnt do this if its a serious band, dont want them to get more pissed by dragging it on and on without directly saying that your done with the band and moving on. Otherwise, if its a total joke, then it sounds fine.

As others said, choosing friends in a band runs the risk of a tough breakup. Thats just how it works.
yeah the two aren't serious at all. and plus the new band wont have friends in it so yay!

and like i said before... would this be ripping off the white stripes? or is i just a normal combonation? (drums and guitar)
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
It wouldn't necisserly be rippin off the white stripes lest your songs sound like thiers. Why dont you just hire a bassist so you dont sound thin and crappy? not that hard to get one extra member
Being in a two piece isn't ripping off anybody if that's what you're asking. There are loads of them. White Stripes, Death From Above 1979, Black Keys, La Roux etc etc etc Not all guitar and drums, but still.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
You have a bassist in band one, why not bring him and let the bands die out.
Also for this new band do you have a vocalist?
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
IWhat he said.. and then some