mi audio's doing amps now. Screw the marshall 5 and boogera, what's the deal with these bad boys?

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/amps/miamp.php

clips: http://www.miamplification.com/multimedia.htm

Last edited by pak1351 at Aug 20, 2009,
Quote by pak1351
Screw the marshall 5

You can't really compare the two because this is 10x the price of the Class 5....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i can't compare hype of guitar amps that haven't been released yet? Glad that's cleared up, not comparing the tone since they're not out yet and it's impossible.

Shit, lighten up.
Do not want.
On the front: 24 knobs, 17 switches.
On the back: 14 knobs, 4 switches.
Total: 38 knobs, 21 switches. That's 3 times what my entire rig has.

I'm sure it sounds good, but this is another one of those $3000 amps you'll never be able to play in a store.
the Marshall 5watt seems a lot like a Blackstar HT-5...

On a different, more relevent note, the amp looks like a tweekers heaven, or maybe a "plug and play" hell. I would totally get the cathode 3-way switch as my extra. So, I could have Fender cleans, Mesa overdrive, JCM overdrive, and even a channel for uber-drone. In the end I would probably just throw a Black Coffee going to the power amp
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I'm interested in what exactly is going on in there. 4 channels, with a low, medium, and high gain channel within each, four effects loops, very curious.

Roc, depends on what store
i think that's too much stuff.
i'm sure you can get some amazing tones out of it, but there's so much to turn and switch on that amp, i would be lost for the first month or so trying to use it.
much like the mesa boogie road king (love the sound, hate all the knobs and such)
i just like simple amps like the jmps and jcm 800s
looks promising but still expensive
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
if i could afford it on the spot, i'd probably buy one.
but it's not really something i would save up for.
Quote by no_thing101
i hope they bring out a cheaper 2 channel version.

that's a good idea.
but it probably won't be that much cheaper.
Marshall's JVM series amps are available in 4 or 2 channels and the 2 channel one isn't much less.
Quote by SeanX3187
that's a good idea.
but it probably won't be that much cheaper.
Marshall's JVM series amps are available in 4 or 2 channels and the 2 channel one isn't much less.

what about also making it half power? 50 watts is plenty power.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Aug 22, 2009,
I'd like to try one. I always want to try out these 'versatile' amps and see how well they cop the tones. I agree that there a lot of knobs, but if you spend the time to tweak and keep track of the settings on a spreadsheet or notebook, that could be real handy.
Quote by no_thing101
what about also making it half power? 50 watts is plenty power.

i think if it were a 50w 2 channel amp, it would be significantly cheaper, and a much better buy.
i would actually consider it.