After a long awaited 3 weeks I finally got it!
My Mesa Triple Rectifier stack
Problem is I live in Canada and I got it shipped to the US, now I'm in a hotel and can't turn it up past .2
It also has a problem with the channel switching, when I change the channel it "pops".

here she is, with my 88 Strat
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Last edited by Travis39 at Aug 21, 2009,
No pics? You picked up that line 6 in your sig didn't you?

DIDN"T YOU!!!??!!
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Pics now.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Pics now.

here you are,
My Rig
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Nice man, a Dual/Triple Rec is very high on my GAS list.

HNAD
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
I played one of them today, sounded great, even through a crap cab.

HNAD!
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
That's a gorgeous amp my friend! Happy NAD!

And.... as for the popping sound, I had this problem with my Dual Rectifier head, and what i did was even out the Channel volumes and the "popping" wasnt as bad.
Also, with mine, it only happened the first time i changed the channel, if I were to change back to the previous channel, then go back, it would be a smooth transfer...

Just an observation, maybe this will help you!
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
You can get an amp delivered to a Hotel!?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

exactly my thoughts, its not every day you're staying in a hotel and you see someone going up to their room with a triple rectifier stack. sick stuff though, HNAD
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Welcome new member to the Mesa family! Get used to being smug and critical!
just work the popping noise into your sound, or try to cover it up with some muted strumming .

HNAD!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
just work the popping noise into your sound, or try to cover it up with some muted strumming .

HNAD!

Or clean the switches and check connections in there... Might just be as simple as dirty connections, but I'm no amp tech so don't quote me on that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Where do you guys get all your money from?

HNAD!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
HNAD. As for the popping while changing channels. When the amp is in standby. Just go through the channels a few times. That will eliminate the popping.
It is a problem adherent to all Mesas. It is static in the resistors used to change the channels.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I played one of these yesterday at a Long & McQuade. Wanna talk about the perfect Darkness setup, a triple rec and a Les Paul is heaven.

HNAD you abstard!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by MatrixClaw

No, not exactly. We got it delivered to our friends house and when my family came down to the states to buy clothes we picked it up but now I'm in a hotel. Going home tomorrow, and then I can blast it.
My Rig
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
The popping on Recs is usually remedied by turning the volume way up on the dial. In the case of your 150 watt Triple, you will be in some intense sonic pain.
Quote by colin617
The popping on Recs is usually remedied by turning the volume way up on the dial. In the case of your 150 watt Triple, you will be in some intense sonic pain.

The volume hasn't even touched 1, I'm still in the decimal region...to bad hotels don't have sound proof rooms
Quote by jaybals
sexy amp, but i have to say it...

HOW CAN YOU AFFORD THESE THINGS?

and youve only been playing a year, come 2010 youll have a full rack set up to go with it :P

I work, and every penny of income I get goes towards guitar but I'm done now, I have a guitar and amp to last my life Although I'm eying down one of those Diezel VH4
My Rig
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Quote by Travis39
The volume hasn't even touched 1, I'm still in the decimal region...to bad hotels don't have sound proof rooms

I know. I'm just saying that there (probably) isn't anything wrong with your amp. Every Rectifier model I have ever played (including the Roadster that I owned), would pop when the channels were switched and the volume was down.
Quote by boxcarmonument
As for the popping while changing channels. When the amp is in standby. Just go through the channels a few times. That will eliminate the popping.
It is a problem adherent to all Mesas. It is static in the resistors used to change the channels.

READ!!!! It has nothing to do with the volume of the amp.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument

Listen to this man.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by boxcarmonument

When I turn the volume up will the "pop" increase in volume? Or will it be the same volume as it is when It's turned up to 0.2?
My Rig
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
i believe the popping is normal my amp has that as well and was told it was normal
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
btw forget to say

****ing beautiful
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
Yes the Pop will increase in volume if you turn the amp up. But again While the amp is in standby. (Tubes warming up) Go through each cycle through the channels of the amp 5 or 6 times. Other wise known as the Mesa footswitch tapdance. This will discharge the static you will actually hear a little click inside the amp. Now take the amp off standby and it won't pop when you change the channels.
HNAD!!!

I played a Single Rectifier in my local guitar shop the other day and i was blown away. probably the best thing i have ever heard. Part of it was the 12 gauge stings i had put on it tuned to C, but one of the best amps i have ever played on. i have a Randall RM80 right now which i wouldn't trade even for the Mesa. I know someone who can mod a treadplate module to sound even BETTER than the Mesa Rectifier!!! Once i get the money, i am going to get it. the immense awesomeness that is the Mesa Rectifier compressed, preserved, and enhanced in a compact, lightweight module. Can't get no better. Well you probably can, but i will settle for the module.

HNAD nonetheless. GAS never goes away; i pretty much have my dream amp, but i still want more and more. more modules, more mods, more pedals, more guitars, better speakers, better tubes.....it never stops. I would like to get my hands on a Diezel as well, but i know someone else how can turn a hi gain module into a Benzin module that is based off of the Diezel.....VH4? Sounds incredible.

It is nice to have these large, intimidating heads that sound amazing......but the Randall allows us to successfully take that head and make it's awesomeness become embodied in a module. But everyone's taste is different. Enjoy the Triple Rect!
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Update: I got to "crank" it today and by crank it I mean about 12 o'clock, any further and your ears start the bleed. It sounds insane! So much power and punch, I've actually been able to dial in quite nicely and get a "...And Justice For All" type sound with my Jackson, and when I play on the clean channel with my 88 Strat in the neck pickup(Fender Lace Sensors) I get a very smooth crisp bluesy tone. Overall, great amp so far and it can only get better from here.
My Rig
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
HNAD!

Just wondering...what made you pick the triple over the dual
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
HNAD!! looks very nice.

and did you save your own money for this?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
That's awesome

HNAD
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
HNAD!

also, listen to boxcar. he's right. the newer mesa amps use relays that build up a static charge. this charge is released when you switch channels which creates the pop. while in STANDBY cycle through the channels, this will get rid of the static charge. If it bothers you too much get a 2 channel dual/triple because they use LDRs which don't have the popping

this is from the Boogie archives http://www.theboogiearchives.com/index.html

"Lastly, many users complain about a popping sound when switching channels. “The LDR-based 2 channel Rectifier is in some ways closer in lineage to the MarkIII and MarkIV, which also had LDRs, than to the 3 channel Rectifier and Road King/Roadster, where they started using Relays and a muting circuit, which caused popping and a noticeable pause in the sound when switching, especially going from channel 2 Vintage to channel 3 Modern.” (Johnny, 2007) The most common method employed to rid this popping noise is to switch through the channels several times while the amp is still in standby."
Last edited by Muramasa at Aug 23, 2009,
Quote by chrisg7
HNAD!

Just wondering...what made you pick the triple over the dual

Because I saw it on eBay for $1200 and ended up snagging it for $1350, for the head and cab.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
HNAD!! looks very nice.

and did you save your own money for this?

I worked every day, in July for 10 hours each day and it payed off, except for the fact that I lost most of my summer break.

And Muramasa, thanks.
My Rig
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Last edited by Travis39 at Aug 23, 2009,