I have been playing for about a year now and I've raised about 400 dollars to buy some new equipment.

I currently have the Fender Affinity Special Strat and Frontman 15G Amp Value Pack.
(http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Affinity-Special-Strat-and-Frontman-15G-Amp-Value-Pack-104487442-i1175988.gc)

So i don't know if I should get a new guitar, new amp, or wait to raise more money.
I've heard that a decent amp can make a $200 guitar sound like a $2000 one.

So i'm just looking for suggestions on what i should do next.
Amp before guitar always, unless the guitar is a piece of plywood with a 2x4 for a neck.

Get a new amp for better sound, or a new guitar for better feel.
Quote by pwrmax
Amp before guitar always, unless the guitar is a piece of plywood with a 2x4 for a neck.

Get a new amp for better sound, or a new guitar for better feel.

I agree.

if you decide to get a new amp, make sure it's a tube amp.
go for a new amp. what style of music do you play? what would the amp be used for? (playing live, band rehersal, jamming, bedroom)
Quote by atreyu34

if you decide to get a new amp, make sure it's a tube amp.

that whole "tubes > ss" crap is getting old

99% of people, especially people who have been playing a year or two, cannot tell the difference in sound between tube and ss amps

get an amp that you like and will give you the tone you want. dont base the entire thing on whether its tube or not.

and op, you would most likely get more mileage out of a guitar at this point
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Last edited by the boogieman at Aug 21, 2009,
depends on what you want, if you think your guitar sounds bad, get a new amp. If you think your guitar has a severely warped neck, was "reliced" by your little brother, or even just feels like its holding your playing ability back, you should get a guitar