Does anyone know what variation of Tubescreamer (TS9/808 and whether it was modded), as well as if he used a modded DS-1? I love the smoothness of his tone. I'm not worried about delay, just distortion/OD, and maybe eq'ing. My current gear is: Crate Vintage Club 30 (with Celestation Vintage 30), Boss DS-1 (stock), Ibanez TS-5, DOD YJM Preamp OD, MXR Doubleshot Distortion, EHx Russian Big Muff (late 80's I think), and Dano Fish 'n' Chips EQ. Thanks!

-Bryan
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Keeley modded I believe but I could easily be mistaken.

His smoothness in tone comes from the Legacy
Okay, another question. Does he use preamp gain, or poweramp distortion?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Check out the pics in my profile from his board he just used recently, the amps are running clean.
Buy his Ibanez Jemini dist/OD pedal...?

He uses one on his board.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
He didn't use one 10+ years ago. But thanks. I'm using the tubescreamer and the DS-1 because that's basically what the Jemini is.
To James: Is he using 2 DD-7's on his board? And (off topic) how is that Art effects processor? I've seen one or two floating around the local craigslist, and wasn't sure if they were any good.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Keeley modded DS-1 and TS-9
But his smooth distortion didn't come from these, it all started with his Carvin Legacy and modded JCM900's
Quote by theacousticpunk
Okay, another question. Does he use preamp gain, or poweramp distortion?

Both, as far as I know. In various pics he's released and suggestions for Legacy settings the volume has always been scarily high.

Which is only right, no point in getting a valve amp if you aren't gonna use valve power.
for most of his effects, he uses the TC Electronics G system.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/TC-Electronic-GSystem-Integrated-Guitar-Effects-and-Controller?sku=153004

as for dirt, he does use modded DS-1s and TS9s. but he changes them up every so often. i've seen pictures of him with Analogman and Keeley modded pedals. my advice is to test them both out and see which one you like better.

Quote by Ghold125
Keeley modded DS-1 and TS-9
But his smooth distortion didn't come from these, it all started with his Carvin Legacy and modded JCM900's

he actually used Carvin X100bs for the early part of his career.

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 21, 2009,