Ok if you didn't know I have been getting a bit bored with all the BS I have been dealing with. Noise out the a$$ and its not as versatile as I like with way to much tap dancing to get it to halfa$$ do what I need it to do.

So as you know the Spidervalve went on sale this week for half off. After alot of thought and in blatant disregard to everyone on the board I decided to go with my gut and pick one up. But unfortunately they wouldn't give me **** for my ampeg so I had to get rid of my 6505+ go get the damn thing. So I had to say good by to both the Ampeg and the Peavey. But after playing the spidervalve honestly I didnt care if I got rid of them. Holy sh!t the thing sounds amazing, almost no noise, tight as hell and once those tubes get hot things really warm up. Im honestly thinking about getting the second edition of it next year..

Anyway what you really care about.. The PRON!

Wait a minute that doesnt say spidervalve.. What the hell is this sh!t..

Crap its one of those sh!tty hybrid Randalls...

Yup its Randall and its loaded with some crappy valvestate module "great " and a blackface or something. It doesnt even have a black face panel what the hell...
Ohh well sh!t happens I had to get it because I couldn't afford the spidervalve and its awesomeness. They wouldnt match the price so I had to get this instead

Ohh well atleast I got a decent cable out of the deal..

Ohhh almost forgot....

There is one more thing. But they didnt have any in stock so I had to special order it..

I think yall might of heard of it...

Had to grab a pic off the web sorry!

I hope it sounds good, got it sight unseen just pulled a noob and ordered it since everyone said it was amazing and sounded like a mesa then flip the knob and it turns into a uberschall. Its gonna be sweet.............. Cant wait
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 21, 2009,
Ibanez, what are you doing, dear?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
HNAD!

Which modules are you planning on picking up for the Randall?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
what?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
...........someone forgot to take their pills this morning........

EDIT: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
you deserve those flames... ~¬¬~
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Cool. Seems like you're going to do what i did. use external preamps through the head's power amp. Works pretty well. Just a fact to consider, even if its a low wattage head, when you plus in a preamp into the power of the blackstar( what ever else yo uuse), it gets really bassy. So you'll have to EQ from the blackstar(or from what ever you use) and the preamp, or any other amp you decide to use its power amp be it the spider valve or something
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Aug 21, 2009,

Well, didn't see that coming.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Umm.....why did they not give you the Spider?

I thought the whole point of this venture wa the Bogner Poweramp.

Can't you check on CL or something?
Ok the jig is up, everyone knows me to well here

See and yall wonder why im always straight to the point on my new amp days. Ohh well figured I would post some retarded sh!t for a change lol

And the true story...

If you have seen the forums I was feed up with the noise issue on my amps. Loved them but hated all the BS that surrounded them. And I have been looking for a RM4 its in my top three list of amps. So this one popped up and I couldnt pass it up since rack gear is such a pain to get where im at. So I knew I was gonna get it but I dont have a way to get a power amp. So I was debating a few things. I had made a big deal about getting a spidervalve to use as a poweramp for the time being and jack the vintage 30's and pop them in my krank cab in a X with my heats. But anyway I hated the spidervalve and always have hated that amp. But I was trying anything I could to talk myself into it because for the price it was like getting a amp for free and paying normal price for the speakers.

So I was like ehh Ill go to he store and see whats up. So I browse around and they actually had a HT5 in stock. I cranked it up and instantly fell in love with it. The thing actually rocks I was surprised. Then I was thinking hmmmm the randall has a jtm module and it going into a 5 watt cranked amp would be the sex. Then I sit down at a spidervalve and of coarse its already on insane. Also note knobs are almost all broken, total pos. But anyway I crank it up and mess up and turn it off insane and it get feedback 10times louder then the other model and I thought I was deaf. So I try and fix it and I get more feedback noise and it gets louder. So I go to another one yet again on insane. Same volume issue but I manage to work things out. So I start to play and yup the amp still sounds like sh!t.

So I decide yup I need to follow my gut on this one and screw the savings. So I get the HT-5 and special order it so I can use it as a poweramp and mess around amp for low volume playing once I get an actual poweramp when I can find one. Also I have been eyeballin the ht-5 for a while but no one had them to demo. Im so glad they had one what people say about them is true. Not the mesa uberschall thing lol but they are pretty versatile and have a nice tone to them.

And now im a happy camper, got the amp/amps I wanted. A free cable and some money in my pocket. Also im going to be picking up a gx130c within a few weeks if its still there. Trying to hold out so I can get it for super dirt cheap.

So sorry about the bullsh!t post figured I would try my hand at trollin since someone said I never do it so there is no way he could be doing that... And now I remember why I dont do it. I suck at it

Quote by no.mop
HNAD!

Which modules are you planning on picking up for the Randall?

Salvation modded XTC is at the top of my list. If its anything like the clips I will be a happy happy man...

Quote by mexican_shred
Cool. Seems like you're going to do what i did. use external preamps through the head's power amp. Works pretty well. Just a fact to consider, even if its a low wattage head, when you plus in a preamp into the power of the blackstar, it gets really bassy. So you'll have to EQ from the blackstar and the preamp

Yup and yup.. I've been doing messing with running different things to head power amp sections for a while now and its always fun to play with.

Quote by unet
Umm.....why did they not give you the Spider?

I thought the whole point of this venture wa the Bogner Poweramp.

Can't you check on CL or something?

What can I say the Spider was a POS

Also like I said the whole point of that post was to get someone to talk me out of it. Plus I like a good debate from time to time.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Salvation modded XTC is at the top of my list. If its anything like the clips I will be a happy happy man...

$$$ + RM4 = An MTS full of Salvation modules
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Wait, did you actually sell your peavey and ampeg or did you just wander out back to the money tree? Sell your 16070" inch screen maybe?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by no.mop
$$$ + RM4 = An MTS full of Salvation modules

Also on the list is the SL and one of the Mesa ones probably. Then I pretty much have all my basis covered.

Quote by Juadafi
Wait, did you actually sell your peavey and ampeg or did you just wander out back to the money tree? Sell your 16070" inch screen maybe?

The old rig is no more

Got pisst so they had to go... Plus I would have gotten rid of them in due time anyway. Its just the way it is. Gas had a RM4 in its sights for a long time now.

No didnt sell the 16070 inch screen. But I did pick up a blue ray player for it
I'm not sure exactly what transpired here today but congrats.

I take it you no longer have the 6505 and Ampeg? Need new family shot.

You were fed up with noise right. Not feed up.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho

Yup and yup.. I've been doing messing with running different things to head power amp sections for a while now and its always fun to play with.

Thats half the fun of the blackstar. One of the low wattage heads with an fx loop to take advantage of. I know come one week its what ill be doing : D

Also you can use it for future slaves of other amps i you ever decide to expand your gear family.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I saw the RM4 pictures before I entered this thread so i knew teh lies

happy NGD man, thats one hell of a setup you purchased there

Blackstar >>> spider valve.
WTLTL 2011
Nice.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I saw the title with your username under it and my head almost exploded.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Nice choices man, very nice.

HNA'sD!
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
I'm confused/
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Glad that you got the RM4, I knew you would not be happy with the spider, they are okay, but the 6505 and the Ampeg totally distroy that amp in every way, I have been Gas'n a little for and RM4, but my tastes in amp rigs seems to be simplifing, I really feel my triple X is a bit overkill for me and what I am doing.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Wait, you were going to buy a spider valve, couldn't afford it, then you brought a Randall, now your buying a blackheart head?

Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
No. He wanted the Spider Valve (I think) because it was on sale 50% off and he wanted the Celestion speakers out of it and to use it simply as a power amp. He wanted us to talk him out of that which we did.

He then got an RM4 and a Blackstar (not Blackheart).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'm not sure exactly what transpired here today but congrats.

I take it you no longer have the 6505 and Ampeg? Need new family shot.

You were fed up with noise right. Not feed up.

Lol the story is posted here...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21295726&postcount=11

Yup they are both gone

Yes I know I always forget to proof read my posts

Quote by mexican_shred
Thats half the fun of the blackstar. One of the low wattage heads with an fx loop to take advantage of. I know come one week its what ill be doing : D

Also you can use it for future slaves of other amps i you ever decide to expand your gear family.

Yup and its gonna get a work out lol

Quote by Supersonic64
i was confused on wat amp ur getting?

Go here...

Quote by Mark G
I saw the RM4 pictures before I entered this thread so i knew teh lies

happy NGD man, thats one hell of a setup you purchased there

Blackstar >>> spider valve.

Yay... I have my first stalker

Thanks

And yes yes it does lol

Quote by mmolteratx
I saw the title with your username under it and my head almost exploded.

You should of seen the heads exploding yesterday when I mentioned I was even thinking about getting it

Quote by demitriv
I'm confused/

Go here...

Quote by Johnbryant
Glad that you got the RM4, I knew you would not be happy with the spider, they are okay, but the 6505 and the Ampeg totally distroy that amp in every way, I have been Gas'n a little for and RM4, but my tastes in amp rigs seems to be simplifing, I really feel my triple X is a bit overkill for me and what I am doing.

Thanks and yea regardless the RM4 was gonna be part of my plan I have had some major gas for it. I think im gonna go all out to be simple this time. Been wanting to give a rack build a go.. Simple meaning a pain to build but midi one button switching is gonna be nice.

Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Wait, you were going to buy a spider valve, couldn't afford it, then you brought a Randall, now your buying a blackheart head?

It was a goof off NAD thread lol

Heres the real story..

The post everyone skipped explaining the whole thing..

And thanks for everyone that said congrats
Congrats.

I'll be ordering my self an HT-5 head and an Avatar 212 next week or the week after. I'm pretty stoked.
Strats & Seagulls
I'm confused as well.
But then again, I'm always confused.
HNAD!
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Ok the jig is up, everyone knows me to well here

See and yall wonder why im always straight to the point on my new amp days. Ohh well figured I would post some retarded sh!t for a change lol

And the true story...

If you have seen the forums I was feed up with the noise issue on my amps. Loved them but hated all the BS that surrounded them. And I have been looking for a RM4 its in my top three list of amps. So this one popped up and I couldnt pass it up since rack gear is such a pain to get where im at. So I knew I was gonna get it but I dont have a way to get a power amp. So I was debating a few things. I had made a big deal about getting a spidervalve to use as a poweramp for the time being and jack the vintage 30's and pop them in my krank cab in a X with my heats. But anyway I hated the spidervalve and always have hated that amp. But I was trying anything I could to talk myself into it because for the price it was like getting a amp for free and paying normal price for the speakers.

So I was like ehh Ill go to he store and see whats up. So I browse around and they actually had a HT5 in stock. I cranked it up and instantly fell in love with it. The thing actually rocks I was surprised. Then I was thinking hmmmm the randall has a jtm module and it going into a 5 watt cranked amp would be the sex. Then I sit down at a spidervalve and of coarse its already on insane. Also note knobs are almost all broken, total pos. But anyway I crank it up and mess up and turn it off insane and it get feedback 10times louder then the other model and I thought I was deaf. So I try and fix it and I get more feedback noise and it gets louder. So I go to another one yet again on insane. Same volume issue but I manage to work things out. So I start to play and yup the amp still sounds like sh!t.

So I decide yup I need to follow my gut on this one and screw the savings. So I get the HT-5 and special order it so I can use it as a poweramp and mess around amp for low volume playing once I get an actual poweramp when I can find one. Also I have been eyeballin the ht-5 for a while but no one had them to demo. Im so glad they had one what people say about them is true. Not the mesa uberschall thing lol but they are pretty versatile and have a nice tone to them.

And now im a happy camper, got the amp/amps I wanted. A free cable and some money in my pocket. Also im going to be picking up a gx130c within a few weeks if its still there. Trying to hold out so I can get it for super dirt cheap.

So sorry about the bullsh!t post figured I would try my hand at trollin since someone said I never do it so there is no way he could be doing that... And now I remember why I dont do it. I suck at it

What can I say the Spider was a POS

Also like I said the whole point of that post was to get someone to talk me out of it. Plus I like a good debate from time to time.

thats what you said 3 months ago.

Happy NAD!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
thats what you said 3 months ago.

Happy NAD!

Two sides to the story..

1st
That I did and I was.... I had found my tone that I had been searching for forever now. But it came with a cost (noise) so I have to find an alternate route now. I loved the amps and still do. But I wasnt expecting the 3 months of mind numbing noise to go along with it.

2nd
Hell yall know just as well as me you are never satisfied. Half the fun is the journey and testing out new gear. Without that all you have is talent and god knows I dont have that so all I have is the gear
It was the Ampeg that was the noisy bass, right, or was it both? That is one thing about my rig I like, its not very noisy at all unless you are being stuiped with it.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
It was the Ampeg that was the noisy bass, right, or was it both? That is one thing about my rig I like, its not very noisy at all unless you are being stuiped with it.

Heres the basic breakdown of what was going on..

Standalone
Ampeg.. very slight hum and feedback
Peavey.. moderate hum and feedback from hell

Both turned on
Ampeg.. hum through the roof but still slight feedback
Peavey.. hum through the roof and still feedback from hell

So even if im not running them at the same time I still get the hum from hell when both are turned on..

Tried different things, different gear, different outlets and so on..
I forget all what you have guitar wise, but how did it sound with passive pups?

Also, I know you are not a Marshall guy but if you want a quite rig in the future look at a Splawn. Extremely quite, even with the chassis pulled.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I forget all what you have guitar wise, but how did it sound with passive pups?

Also, I know you are not a Marshall guy but if you want a quite rig in the future look at a Splawn. Extremely quite, even with the chassis pulled.

Feedback was still pretty bad with the passives and was present regardless.

Looking at getting a SL module so we will see how that sets in my overall mindset on Marshall. I finally did hear a marshall rig drolled over a bit by the way. It was extremely modded and running 6l6's

Ans good to know about splawn for the future...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
No. He wanted the Spider Valve (I think) because it was on sale 50% off and he wanted the Celestion speakers out of it and to use it simply as a power amp. He wanted us to talk him out of that which we did.

He then got an RM4 and a Blackstar (not Blackheart).

Ahh, I was confusing, comon!
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also im going to be picking up a gx130c within a few weeks if its still there. Trying to hold out so I can get it for super dirt cheap.

My bandmate just got one of those a few months (has it really been that long?) back. Light as a feather and sounds like Jack Owen in a box, screaming to be let out.

So now let me get this strait. You plan on running a SpiderValve slave into a Blackstar, while sitting on some Randall?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
And this is why I dont troll.. But hey it keeps me busy lol

Here is my gear list so there is no confusion..

Amps
Randall RM4 (Blackface and JTM Module)
*Currently looking for a poweramp
Blackstar HT5
*Going to be using the power amp of it to power the Randall

Cab
Krank Krankenstein Cab

Pedals
Morley tripler
Digitech Bad Monkey
Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor
EHX Russian Big Muff
T.C. Electronics Vintage OD
Planet Waves tuner
MXR M108 EQ
Marshall Regenerator
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss NS-2 MIJ
Boss Super Octave

Rack
1u Built by me
Furman Power Conditioner
Parametric EQ

Guitars
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Ibanez RG560 MIJ (emg 81)
ESP Kh-503 (emb 89 81)

And Ill see what I can do about clips.. Since I lost the software to my interface im pretty much dead in the water..